FLEXIcontent vs. Fabrik - advice please

More
14 years 4 months ago #2169 by bsky92
Lol, right now I found the forum to be pretty active, just remember this component was out just a couple of months ago ;)
And it was first released on french boards, which explains that the french "support" is a little more active, as more french speaking people have be running the different betas for a couple of months too

I have no opinion on Fabrik, I just wanted to let you know your questions will be answered - as soon as we can

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2176 by Linuus

bsky92 wrote: Lol, right now I found the forum to be pretty active, just remember this component was out just a couple of months ago ;)
And it was first released on french boards, which explains that the french "support" is a little more active, as more french speaking people have be running the different betas for a couple of months too

I have no opinion on Fabrik, I just wanted to let you know your questions will be answered - as soon as we can

Hehe yeah and I don't speak a word french :)

And yes, as I said, it will hopefully get more active later on as it gets stable. And there's actually no rush for me as I don't use it LIVE anywhere. Just play around on a test site.

Cheers!

More
13 years 8 months ago #9607 by sankesolutions
Sorry to bump an oldish thread, but I too am interested in this subject.

I have been using Fabrik for a while and agree that its great, but it does suffer from being a bit clunky!

Flexicontent on the other hand is swish and allows you to create nice content.

I have been toying with the idea of using both and wondering how people are getting on doing this? We write articles on specific events who was involved, what the weather was etc and with flexi we can do that nicely, but it would be good to be able to take all those fields and carry out analysis on them, such as which people were involved with which event the most, which weather is the most common during events. I see us using Fabrik for this.

I also see fabrik as a private data entry tool, it can create quick and simple forms for adding raw data into the Database which can then be utilised in Flexi maybe through field plugins. For instance a form that allows me to insert event types, I can then use a plugin to read these events and link them to content, which in turn I can run stats on :)

How are you finding using fabrk and flexi now?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline