Re: Binding only a portion of artcles

More
12 years 8 months ago #18509 by flummi84
hello,

i am missing the option "select a category".
global configuration only displays "category type :: com_content Categories" (only 1 option in dropdown).

maybe someone can explain how this works.. :?:

db contains about 1700 articles and fc is only needed for about 50. can i bind all articles without risk?
how would i know which items to edit with fc and which are 'joomla-articles'? afaik editing/saving a fc article with normal content editor is not intendet.

Thank You

best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18511 by kenmcd

More
12 years 8 months ago #18519 by ggppdk
From your text i guess you speak of FC v2.0 for J1.6/1.7.

In this version of joomla there are no sections anymore , so all articles (aka items) are managed by Flexicontent.

Please read my post here:
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =20#p18221

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 8 months ago #18588 by flummi84
hello,

thanks for your answer.
it is related to fc2 for j17.

i get the point, but is it still possible to use fc only for selected articles. the component will always display all articles and i dont see where to draw the line between joomla and fc articles..

greetings

More
12 years 8 months ago #18590 by ggppdk
For some reason you want to use the standard joomla article manager to edit the content?

Unfortunately, binding a portion of the articles is not supported on J1.6/1.7, and after discussion with other team members, it was decided not to do it. For reasons please read the link in my previous post.

Flexicontent supports multiple content types. Maybe you can have a type to match your needs.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.841 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline