Do I need specific categories for this?

More
14 years 4 months ago #2094 by Linuus
Hi!

First, is there any user manual somewhere? :) I sit and play with FLEXIcontent now, but I don't really get how it works yet...

I want to create a list of Artists, then when you click the artists name you get a list with the artist songs. When clicking these you get the Lyrics, chords or whatever.

Do I need to create a category for each artist to create this or can I just relate them somehow?

The best would be if I could use my two existing tables with Artists and Songs, related by artistID.

When the frontpage submission arrives I want users to be able to create both artists and add songs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2261 by Linuus
Ok...

And I want my links to look like this:

www.mysite.com/chords/metallica/ ... black.html
(Do I need to have a specific category for each artist?)

AND

I want my users to be able to add both artists and songs.

Possible whenever the frontend submission is here?

The problem in Joomla is that users may NOT add new categories.

EDIT:
BTW I have about 500 artists and almost 4000 songs (articles).
Is it the best approach to create a category for each of the 500 artists with some MySQL magic and then import all the songs with some more magic?

How much resources does FLEXIcontent need? I have about 80.000 visitors each month and a dedicated server.
(PS. MightyExtensions Resources killed the server as it was too resource consuming! DS.)

More
14 years 4 months ago #2673 by Linuus
bump...

Emmanuel, what do you think about the resources? Will it be cool on a dedicated server with this many categories? (One for each artist, about 500 at the moment)

(PS. MightyExtensions Resources killed the server as it was too resource consuming! That's why I'm a little worried :) DS.)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline