Updating files

More
12 years 4 months ago #21380 by Rooney
Updating files was created by Rooney
Hi, I am using the FC file manager for a download archive. Is there a way to replace/update existing files without deleting the old one?

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21382 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Updating files
mmm , yes you can upload via ftp a file with the same name, but the information of the list in the file manager tab will not be updated, unless you edit manually with phpmyadmin.

I have opened issue 320
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... ail?id=320
Some times a file is already assigned to many items, deleting the old one and reuploading is not convenient or feasible if items are too many.

Plus we need
-- a list of items using a file in a file fields.
-- a list of items using an image in image fields.
-- a counter of items using an image in minigallery fields
-- a list of items using an image in minigallery fields

Current file manager only supports 2 folders secure and media.

Also issue 308:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... ail?id=308
Allow subfolders in the file manager:
-- either modify file manager by adding an extra psrsmeter called "sub-folder"
-- or since we already have the "directory" parameter in the file manager to make media and secure folders able to have sub-folders

-- Also maybe allow media field (minigallery and maybe image too) to use files that are not entered in the filemanager but instead use files for a per item folder, or a per item+field folder
The above means that you will enter a folder AAA in the configuration of the field and then the minigallery of each item will display files from folder e.g. AAA/item_864/

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 months ago #22041 by 15zizou
Replied by 15zizou on topic Updating files
Hello, I want to know how to add a field to edit the "altname" a file in the filemanager when you load a file locally?
It's the same principle as for the tab "add the url of a file."

More
12 years 3 months ago #22047 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Updating files
You mean you want the file name (or the file description) to appear when you hover over a file field in the frontend?

or You want to be able to re-edit a file and change name and/or description / and/or replace file?

PS:
I think it is needed to be able to edit a file (name, description(new in v1.5.6) and replace file), and also update, fields: file, image, minigallery so that they use the description

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 months ago #22053 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic Updating files

ggppdk wrote: I think it is needed to be able to edit a file (name, description(new in v1.5.6) and replace file)

YES! :-)

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline