List subcategories like items

More
14 years 3 months ago #2294 by Linuus
Hi!

I want to create lots of subcategories so I need to display them in a good way so my users can browse and find what they need.

I have a category called "Chords" and inside this I want to create one subcategory for each artist, like "Metallica", "3 Doors Down" or whatever.
There will be a couple of hundred categories, and increasing.

Can I somehow display all subcategories in the Chord category like items? I mean in a table with Alpha index, search, pagination and so on. And when they click the artists name (entering the subcategory) a list of the Songs that has been added will list as usual.

Can I do it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2375 by Linuus
Well? :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #2387 by Linuus
I found the directory menu object! It does what I want, but I need an alpha index too... Is it possible to create this?

AND, can I make it not be < h2 >? The text is very big now!
See screenshot here: bayimg.com/PajIHaAcJ

More
14 years 3 months ago #2391 by bsky92
Hi

I don't know about the alpha index, but for the h2 problem, did you check where it comes from? Probably a css file you'll need to change

Do you use Firebug ? It helps me a lot understanding how my files work on screen and what part of code and file I need to modify

More
14 years 3 months ago #2395 by Linuus
No I don't have firebug at the moment because Firefox is messed up on my Macbook.

It's not really a CSS issue though because you only STYLE the tags with CSS, it doesn't insert pure HTML tags, like <h2> :)

Maybe Emmanuel can answer?

More
14 years 3 months ago #2547 by Linuus
Bump? :)

Is this the right way to go at all?
Would I need a super powerful server to run my site if I create a category for each of my artists?
Can I somehow use tags and tag the songs with an artist instead?

EDIT: By the way, this is the tag that makes my categories huge in "Directory view". <h2 class="flexicontent cat52">.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline