Sorting articles in TODAY date

More
14 years 3 months ago #2675 by xoomserve
Hello my dear friends,
In fact I have an question & I need to know if it able to make what am looking for by modifying a code or no!

Please have a look in this link:
www.uaembn.com/WMHome.aspx

now my Question is :
1- how can I sort articles in the same way and ignor the other published days articles ?

2- Am using the BlogCalender Reloaded module BUT! Really its not the matter to use it Cause the matter is If i will make an menu like this link:
gulfmbn.com/main/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=29
I need to show the Articles like the FIRST link I show with NO MATTER for the calender.

Thanks my best friends,

Best Regards,
Tariq Hamed

XOOMSERVE.COM NETWORKS & E-COMMERCE SERVICE
XOOMSERVERS.NET Best Joomla Hosting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2713 by orchid1

1- how can I sort articles in the same way and ignor the other published days articles ?

can you elaborate as to what you mean by "this way"?

I think you are asking
"how can I sort by a calendar day?" is this what you are asking

In other words you want to add a calendar type search to flexicontent. Like with Word Press??

If this is what you are asking there might be a plug-in that you could modify. I'll look into it some more. But please post back and let me know if this is what you mean

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 3 months ago #2741 by xoomserve
Hello dear orchid1 ,
Thanks for you replay

Please forgave my English :(
What am looking to do is :

1- Create a menu LINKED to section view
2- When some one click it It will show the Categories in the way we have in joomla

3- Those categories should list the new Articles posted in the SAME DAY "Today Date" only and Ignore the other days "dates"

4- If it possebile to connect it to calender it will be great ! if not so no matter

So the main part is :
Showing the Section view in TODAY DATE only.

Just Like the EXAMPLE link I gave in my first post.

I hope you got me :)

Thank you again,

Best Regards,
Tariq

More
14 years 3 months ago #2752 by orchid1
I see,
I think I understand you correctly
you want to a menu link like this

HOME
BLOG
:arrow: TODAY'S ARTICLES
ABOUT US
CONTACT

So you want to create a category that only shows the current days articles.

or if not possible that way, you would settle for a date picker so that users could search based on article dates.

i.e.
Code:
"SELECT * FROM #__com_content WHERE date = "$my_date";

I'll look into this and see how it can be done

I'm no code freak with FLEXIcontent (yet) I'm still figuring it out. But i think the date picker would be the best way to do it and I'm pretty sure this could be done with a bit of work.
Also the date picker would give you more flexibility and power in the long run. The other method could be done but I'm not too certain how. I'll definitely look into this myself sounds like a worth while challenge.

But to answer your Question directly there is no way that I know of currently to do this.

But I do not see why we could not do it this way on our own.
(if I understand you correctly.)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 3 months ago #2754 by orchid1
found something
Code:
JHTML::_('behavior.calendar'); then for your date field in your form: <input class="inputbox" type="text" name="startdate" id="startdate" size="25" maxlength="25" value="" /> <input type="reset" class="button" value="..." onclick="return showCalendar('startdate','%Y-%m-%d');" />
I'm gonna try this out a bit and see how we can do this

More
14 years 3 months ago #2775 by xoomserve
Hello again Dear orchid1

First at all ,
I don't know how to thank you, Really you people are great then I ever seen since I use the internet.

Pro.,nice and so friendly !

Thanks All brothers and all friends here.

Best Regards,
Tariq

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.644 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline