Empty page when editing types

More
14 years 3 months ago #2889 by sohost
Hello.

When i edit an existing type (Article type, for example) or if i create a new type, it does not show me anything except the right menus.

I have uploaded an image of the view.

I do not get any errors, but i cannot select anything or modify the types i create.

I am running Joomla! 1.5.15 with no other components installed. It is a new installation and only Flexicontent component and the tag cloud module are installed. The site is not using legacy, it is running in native mode.

I am using FLEXIcontent version 1.5 beta 5.

My host is running PHP 5.2.11.

I do not see any errors in my apache error log file or anything else obvious.

Anyone with suggestions please? I really want to create new types and use them for different types of content.

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2892 by yopyop001
Hi and welcome.

In my mind, there's no error.
Your image is the right screen for the Type form.

When you edit or create a type, you have only a title and some parameters (on the right).

Then you have to affect fields to this type. And when you create a conten item, you choose a type and all the fields assigned to the type are displayed.

Sorry for my english, i'm tired, and it's a little bit difficult to be clear. I hope it will help you.

Regards.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2893 by sohost
So you have to edit the fields to link them to the type?

Maybe you can add some instructions or a message in the big empty space to explain this. I thought it was a problem.

Thanks for the response and apologies for posting when it was not really necessary.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2904 by yopyop001
Hi,

So you have to edit the fields to link them to the type?

Right, but you have 14 core fields. They are linked automatically with each type. It's not possible to unlink them.

And then, when you create a new field you can link it to one or many types with the list of existing type on the right:

And enjoy Flexicontent exploration!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline