The easyest way to filter/search?

More
11 years 5 months ago #31019 by micker
+++++++++++++++++++

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31038 by dkom

algardata wrote: From CORE you cannot filter categories.

A solution is to create a new menu and create menu items to the desire categories and create a new menu template as a select.

Menus for search??? OMG.
It is not good solution.

ggppdk wrote: New search view can filter categories

Maybe I do not undestand something, but... why `categories`? I need to filter items.
For example: select all items with price(flexi field)=20..100 and availability(flexi field)=true, order by date, render with `reality_intro` template.

ggppdk wrote: New search view...

Where does it placed? Is it in current release or planning?

---

As I see new module (I plan to create): It can show
a) Navigation (pages list) on top and bottom
b) Search form (by user HTML input)
c) Results by user entered PHP code with SQL-query as result
d) Maybe PHP code will also return some predefined variables (for example: $_showNavigation = false)

How do you think, will it be good solution?
Now I'm thinking about to let user write just PHP code, or let him to do it with help of one of form PHP libraries to do more easy form validation and refilling form after refresh with typed before values.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31043 by ggppdk
I speak of FLEXIcontent advanced search view ... which is meant to replace joomla search view(/component)

1. It contains text search (words: any, all, phase, phrases)

- with ability to show all matched words (not just first one like Joomla)
- percentage matching report

2. OPTIONAL displayed
(a) Content Attribute filters (=field filters)\
(b) Select Content Types (appear as toggle buttons)
(c) Select other site areas for searching e.g. comments etc (appear as toggle buttons)
(d) ranges (not yet finished)

I am committing these today or tomorrow stay tuned

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 5 months ago #31048 by kursus
You rock ggppdk, thanks a lot !!

More
11 years 5 months ago #31052 by dkom

ggppdk wrote: I speak of FLEXIcontent advanced search view ... which is meant to replace joomla search view(/component)

1. It contains text search (words: any, all, phase, phrases)

- with ability to show all matched words (not just first one like Joomla)
- percentage matching report

2. OPTIONAL displayed
(a) Content Attribute filters (=field filters)\
(b) Select Content Types (appear as toggle buttons)
(c) Select other site areas for searching e.g. comments etc (appear as toggle buttons)
(d) ranges (not yet finished)

I am committing these today or tomorrow stay tuned

Regards

I'll see it tomorrow. But in your description I already see some problems for me.
You are saying about replacing standard search. But for example I need these search pages:
- Realty (easy form)
- Realty (advanced form)
- Cars
- Global text search form as it was in Joomla

Also I want to control form elements what I want to see. For example I want to show price(text flexi field) as combobox (price 0..20, 20..200, more than 100), or spinbox or something else. Will it be possible?

I think there is a design problem in Flexicontent (I hope you have tools for painless refactoring and changin to good architecture). All of Flexifields must have to parts:
- Model
- Views (as much administrator wants)

For example for price field:
- Model (integer)
- View in backend (textbox)
- View in simple search form (hidden field)
- View in advances search form (combobox)
- View at advertisement creation frontend page (field with automatic custom calculator).

Unfortunally I see that there is no such features. But imaginate what will it be if this feature exists! This may also help to create own Flexicontent Forms engine to let administrator to put any Flexi item creation form to frontend (`offer submit`, `ad submit`, `submit news` etc.).

It is just an idea, but I was surprised after Drupal (where this functionality exists in built-in CCK), that such simple thing was not implemented in Flexicontent.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31064 by ggppdk
Hello,

you will see what is available and make best choices / trade-offs for you ... ;)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline