Forum & Blog system

More
11 years 4 months ago #31161 by dkom
Forum & Blog system was created by dkom
How do you think, is it possible to create Blog and Forum on Flexicontent CCK?

All forum and blog articles must be Flexi items. All comments - too.

User must have frontend form to easely create specified article types and to modify them. Also custom filtering and search system must exist.

If there was a special component, implementing these features, it may be good demostration of Flexicontent CCK power. Does such component exist or is it able in adequete time to implement this (by myself, as PHP developer). I do not want to use Joomla blog or forum extensions because they have no integration with CCK/com_content.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #31164 by igcorreia
Replied by igcorreia on topic Forum & Blog system
In my opinion you can but there are lot of features that you will lose from a good Comments system or a good forum.

You need to understand the FC limitations in order to make a good decision. Somehting like "Quote" or "reply" is not part of FC.

You can use JComments for comment system it integrates with FC. Also, all Comments systems for com_content will work with FC. So no problem there.

More
11 years 4 months ago #31167 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Forum & Blog system
you can use flexicontent for your blog and kuena for your forum a plugin for flexicontent and kuena existing

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
11 years 4 months ago #31169 by dkom
Replied by dkom on topic Forum & Blog system

algardata wrote: You need to understand the FC limitations in order to make a good decision. Somehting like "Quote" or "reply" is not part of FC.

Reply and Quote = Flexi template with link "reply" + JS inserting text to opened form.

micker wrote: you can use flexicontent for your blog

Not for my blog. For many blogs like livejournal (any user can create its own).

More
11 years 4 months ago #31171 by igcorreia
Replied by igcorreia on topic Forum & Blog system
FC handles a lot of things. We ahve innovation systems and contract generator sites all hand made.

But you need to code A LOT, I mean A LOT.

More
11 years 4 months ago #31175 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Forum & Blog system
Using FLEXIcontent as a forum is not optimal, neither any CMS or CCK, i strongly recommend using a FORUM-specific software !

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.565 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline