Disable Watermark

More
14 years 3 months ago #3224 by mbond87
Disable Watermark was created by mbond87
How do I disable the watermarking when importing an image into Flexicontent?

Otherwise I love the product!

Thanks.

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3225 by yopyop001
Replied by yopyop001 on topic Disable Watermark
Hi,

In the image field parameters you have an option : 'use watermark' that you can enable or disable.

Rgds

More
14 years 3 months ago #3235 by mbond87
Replied by mbond87 on topic Disable Watermark
Thanks! I didn't see that option.

Michael

More
14 years 3 months ago #3248 by hanoi
Replied by hanoi on topic Disable Watermark
Hi,

I have unchecked the "watermark" option field and the watermark has gone from the item edit screen but it still displays on the rendered page...any ideas?

I have tried deleting the image and reuploading.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3261 by yopyop001
Replied by yopyop001 on topic Disable Watermark
Hi,

Did you clean the Flexicontent items Cache?

'Tools->Clean Cache'

Rgds

More
14 years 3 months ago #3556 by status101
Replied by status101 on topic Disable Watermark
Hi There,

I also seem to be having a problem with getting rid of the watermarks.. and I am not really sure where to post this one, so here will do for now.

Firstly when I unchecked all the 'watermark' options in the field definition, the watermark stayed. Then I noticed that the URL to the watermark image stayed in the watermark URL field box, so I tried to remove that however when I applied the change it, the URL came back.

I then saw this post and tried to clear the Joomla ( and browser just for good measure) cache.. both admin and site.

What I have noticed is that in the site cache, there is a cache group "com_flexicontent_cat" with 3 files that wont clear from the clear cache menu. 1 x index.html, 1 x e
.php, and 1 x e----.php_expire.

I also tried purging expired cache..

I then tried looking at permissions of the cache directory and they seem fine. So as a last resort, I ftp'd into the cache dir. and tried to delete them, They deleted fine, but as seconds later re-appeared.

In the end I did resolve the issue by reloading all my item images with the watermark options turned off... and that worked. I wasn't too hard for me as I only had a 7 items loaded but this could be painful if I had a lot of items.

As I said above, I am not sure if this is a bug, a problem with my system etc. but thought I would relay my experience incase it might help anyone else.

One related thing I have noticed, and it might just be me, but if for example, I wanted to change and image for an item. I go into the item, check the delete box on the image field, hit apply, then load the new image and save... when I view the rendered page, I actually get TWO images.. If however I check delete, the save open the item again and load the new image and save, then I only get the new image. I am only guessing but I am thinking that this is a similar caching problem?!?

Anyway, hope this helps someone

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.935 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline