Simple Forms and Tables

More
14 years 3 months ago #3354 by billandre
Hi,

I am trying to find out if Flexi Content will work for me.

On my website I have 2 forms that registered users can fill out. One is for a company to list job openings. The other is for my members to list their experience and qualifications.

A registered user fills out the form and when they submit, the information is stored in the database. I have a table set up for each form that shows a few fields from the form (for example, the user's name, location, and if they are looking for temporary or permanent work). Clicking on the person's name takes you to their detailed information. A visitor (unregistered) to my site can see the table but they have to be registered and logged in to be able to view the detailed information.

I am currently using Fabrik for this application.

Currently on my site I haven't figured out a way for a user who submitted their information to be able to go back and edit their information but not be able to edit the information of others.

Is this a good application of Flexi Content and is it capable of doing all this?

Thanks in advance.

Bill in Woodstock, Georgia, USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3467 by billandre
Replied by billandre on topic Simple Forms and Tables
Hi again,

I decided that the best way to find out if Flexicontent will do what I need is to install it and try for myself.

I installed both jSeblod and Flexicontent. I spent some time working with jSeblod first and found it pretty easy to create a new content type. Then I immediately ran into trouble with their templating system plus I got lots of error messages when trying to call up content.

Earlier today I started working with Flexicontent and in a very short time I was able to create a new content type. Also, it was pretty easy to figure out the basics of the templating system.

I believe Flexicontent is the way to go with one drawback. If I understand correctly, the users on my site are not able to submit content using a Flexicontent content type. Is this true?

I think I read where frontend submission will be possible soon. Can anyone provide an update on this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3469 by vistamedia
Replied by vistamedia on topic Simple Forms and Tables
Hi Bill,
It's true FLEXIcontent does not allow frontend content submission up to now.
I hope it will change soon as we are working on it ;-)
But with FLEXIaccess that will be out in the following days you will be able to grant limited backend access for content submission.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #3497 by billandre
Replied by billandre on topic Simple Forms and Tables
Hi Emmanuel and thanks very much for the reply.

Since my immediate use for Flexicontent is to replace a couple of Fabric applications that are dependent on frontend submissions, I believe that I will wait on that feature. Until then, I will concentrate on getting a better understanding of how Flexicontent works.

Thanks to you and your team for producing such a helpful component.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4054 by kitekat
Replied by kitekat on topic Simple Forms and Tables
Do you have yet an ETA as when this frontend submit feature will be available? I´m thinking of switching to Flexicontent, but would need this feature pretty badly!

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 1 month ago #5983 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic Simple Forms and Tables
Just read this post and I am in the exact same boat. I want users to be able to enter, save and edit form data on the front end but only work with their own data. I too use fabrik but it has been having problems for me and limitations that I need to work around. I'm suprised there isn't a jooma extension that does this already, it seems like such a basic concept that tons of people would need. Please let me know when you are able to create this functionality, I hope it is soon!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline