how to config a form for new item adding

More
11 years 1 week ago #35981 by j0rged
yes, I want that guest (or registred user) can submit a content, but I do not want that guest (or registred useer) can see the all Categories-Tree by submitting. I want to mede a visible only selected categories. But the guest (or registred) will see all Tree of categories by klicken on "Original content being translated" or on Button "Articles".

They can submit a content now. It is no problem with submitting. It is a problem that they can see the all tree of categories by submitting. And I would like to make visible only selected categories, not all.
But it isnt possible, how I see. Maybe later you make somewhat for this?

Or maybe you can tell me how do I hide this both Objects on frontend: "Original content being translated" and Button "Articles"?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #35982 by ggppdk
Hello,

-- do not enable the menu override of categories, forget of this parameter is it a convenience parameter , with ACL you can do a lot more

-- So use the Joomla ACL exactly as described above (user group: public) and your guest user will be able to see only the categories that he has "Create" privilege ;)

(FLEXIcontent uses Joomla ACL, please follow instructions above about assigning the "create" privilege to user groups)

PS : you want to read some documentation or watch a video about Joomla 2.5 ACL

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 1 week ago #36001 by j0rged
Hello,
I do not know what, but something is definitely not set or works wrong:
1. I made new group: new-group, which is subgroup from "Registred"
2. I create an new user "user" which is assigned only to new-group
3. I set for some category "new-category" the access rights:
3a: for public: all actions are denied (create, edit...)
3b: for new-group: is allowed: create, edit own
3c: for some old category "old-category" I disable the actions for group "new-group", such as: create, edit...
4. In Menuitem "Create item" I have:
4a: Access - change from "public" to "new-group"
4b: "Enable override" - to "no"
4c: "Allow unauthorized users" - to "Yes, exclude guests (unlogged)"
4d: "Displayed categories" -> I select some categories (some tree of categories with parent category of this tree), where I want to submit the items
4e: "Default Main Category" -> to parent category of selected tree of categories where I want to publish the items

I goto fronted and log in as "user" then I see the menuitem "Submit item". Then I see here in form under "General"-> "Category" -> the list of only selected in backend categories, where I want to publish. (attach 1, here 3 - last) This is right. But if I click now on "Click to select" under "Original content being translated" (attach 2) I will see the dropdown list menu with tree of all categories, and the "old-category", where I set the access rigt to "denied" for my group "new-group" (attach 3, here 1 - first)

Do I somewhat forgotten to change or maybe this dropdown list does not work correctly?
Thank you
Attachments:

More
11 years 1 week ago #36003 by ggppdk
Hello, i see,
to make the selection of items use the configured ACL:
edit file:
administrator/components/com_flexicontent/views/itemelement/view.html.php
and replace line:
Code:
$lists['filter_cats'] = flexicontent_cats::buildcatselect($categories, 'filter_cats', $filter_cats, 2, 'class="inputbox" size="1" onchange="submitform( );"', false, false);
with
Code:
$lists['filter_cats'] = flexicontent_cats::buildcatselect($categories, 'filter_cats', $filter_cats, 2, 'class="inputbox" size="1" onchange="submitform( );"', $actions_allowed=array('core.create'), true);

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline