disable the link cloak for downloadable file path

More
14 years 3 months ago #3633 by sunny11
I used the 'File' module of the flexicontent to set up a membership directory area to restrict download of the files therein for members only but not successful.

I set up a .htaccess file inside the protetcted folder so that members without registration cannot download the file direct. However, after I added the file to the product front page, the download link was directed to a php file to cloak the script. The protection of the restricted folder become malfunction. Everybody can download the files within the protected directory no matter they are registered member or not!

I wonder can you add choices in the 'File' module so that users can select whether they like the path to the downloadable file be cloaked or not? I think this function can add value to the flexicontent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3642 by vistamedia
Hi,
Sorry but I don't understand your request, could you send me a sample link?
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #3660 by sunny11
Sorry for the misunderstanding that may have created.

In short, the sharing file (e.g. file12.zip) I uploaded to the server was placed by the script at folder '\components\com_flexicontent\uploads\' However, when I clicked the download button at the product page, it didn't show the direct path but the cloaked path ' www.mywebsite.com/product/download/1/21/15.html '.

May I know how to modify the script so that when users click on the download button, they will be directed through the direct path i.e. ' www.mywebsite.com/components/com_flexico...t/uploads/file12.zip ' to download the product?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.809 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline