How Do I Make Category content look like the old Joomla Cate

More
14 years 2 months ago #3957 by JerryG
I have news pages on my site that have traditionally used the section blog and category blog layout of joomla. When transitioning everything over to FLEXIcontent, the closest match to this is to use the "Category" layout.

Unfortunately, this looks nothing like what my old category blog layout did. My old css is ignored for one thing, and instead of nice titles, descriptions and read more buttons, there's just a title list with a few links. It's very basic and not at all satisfactory.

I need it to look like it did before it was in flexi. How do I accomplish this?

Also, how do I turn off that alphabet at the top of it? It really doesn't add any functionality, not enough to compensate for it disrupting the visual flow of the content.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3968 by yopyop001
Hi,

In your category parameters, you can choose the layout you want to use. (and here you can turn off the alpha-index to).

If you choose Blog, you have parameters who looks like the params of joomla category layout. And you have to adapt the css of the flexicontent template (components/com_flexicontent/templates/blog/css)

And you can add custom fields in your layout using the template manager of Flexicontent.

Rgds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.703 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline