[server issue] Unable to edit the items from the front end

More
10 years 6 months ago #40520 by boniaditya
Hi
When i try to edit an item from the front-end - the item view opens up. I can see the BASIC CONTENT TYPE PUBLISHING META tab - after i make the necessary changes to the article i try to publish it but then i get this error message -

You don't have permission to access /index.php/component/flexicontent/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.appliedvocabulary.com Port 80

I don't understand why i get this message - i am the super user and i should be able to access the site

Could you please tell me what i could have done wrong?

I could edit the item from the backend of the site and i also get a message

Please note, your new document version might need to be reviewed and approved. This may depend on the content's category AND/OR the content's type. You will be notified whether approval is needed, after you save this content.

at the top of the item when i open it to edit in the front - end; but in the backend settings i have taken care that the super user is given proper rights to publish items without requiring any approval!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #40530 by micker
hello ... your flexicontent version
check your permission...
some override on form ?
can you send url and user code to test it ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
10 years 6 months ago #40531 by boniaditya
HI i have found something -

www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... c&start=10

someone faced the same problem previously and i think i have same problem thought the back end is working fine i would like to know what changes i have to make - i mean which files do i have to edit
.htaccess
php.ini
or others???

More
10 years 6 months ago #40536 by ggppdk
Hello

one reason for this could be because of the .htaccess URL rewritting

try this:

backup your .htaccess file and use the original from Joomla installation package

if this does not work you can send me a PM to check for a possible bug

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 6 months ago #40537 by boniaditya
Yes I replaced .htaccess file with the one i retrieved from a fresh joomla install but there is no change.
I get the same error messages when i try to edit from the front end but the backend is fine!

I would have been at peace if both the front-end and the back-end behaved similarly i.e. both fail

but i don't understand what is causing this!

More
10 years 6 months ago #40542 by boniaditya
I kind of found the problem.

The problem is not with the .htaccess files
It is not the problem with the permissions but i think the problem is with the flexi content fields;

I have included a new text area with html editor field - i was actually trying to duplicate the original description field but it was not possible so i created something that would look like it - i created the text area field and included a html editor in the options and the editor i used was the jck editor!

Please look at the figure attached - the first editor is the description while the second editor is created using the flexi field.

When i put content only in the description(i.e. the first editor) i can save it without any problems - but if i try to add or remove content from the second editor - the one created with flexicontent - i get a forbidden error! as long as the content is just plain text it is ok but the moment i try to embed content or i try to embed pictures it does shows error when i try to save it! 403 forbidden no access

I interesting part however is that it works fine from the backend - when i open up the article for editing in the back end i can add or remove anything to the second html container and it would work fine!

[attachment=0:2ix1bqgb]<!-- ia0 -->shots Administration Edit item.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2ix1bqgb]
Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.641 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline