Show unauthorised links - Register/Login to read more?

More
14 years 2 months ago #4169 by status101
Hi There,

Wondering if anyone can help me work out a way to achieve something I need for a site I am building with FlexiContent. I have searched the forums, and can’t find anything.

What I am trying to do is: Have a blog category view, listing all the articles Introtext in a category, but requiring a user to register/login to view the full article.

If I set the category to public, and the articles to registered, the category view say: "No items available for this category" for a guest.. as I would expect.

I did some reading, and found Joomla instructions for to achieve this with the standard com_content using "Show Unauthorised Links" and "Register to read more" functionality. Just to see exactly how this worked, I tried it using a menu link to the FlexiContent category through the standard - Article - Category blog layout - and it 'sort of' worked ( It dropped J! SEF URLs + I’m using CB so have standard reg tuned off )

Anyway... I know I can’t use FC and standard com_content together... So can anyone give me any thoughts on how I might make this happen?

Can FlexiContent do this? Is this the sort of thing that Flexiaccess is for? Are there any updates on the availability of Flexiaccess?

Anyway, this sort of functionality seems to be a fairly integral part of Joomla, and thought it would have been replicated with FC? Maybe I am just missing something or doing it all completely wrong :oops:

Any thoughts / advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4172 by Olinad
I saw an option to do this in FLEXIcontent stable... just wait for it to come out :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #4173 by yopyop001
Hi,

You just have to wait the stable version (coming very soon) and in the global configuration of FC, you'll have this parameter.

Best regards

More
14 years 2 months ago #4176 by status101
Thank you so much for coming back to me on this.. Once again fantastic responce from the community. I thought I was just not able to work out how to do it :) . I'll be keeping an eye out.

More
13 years 6 months ago #11274 by lima2x
Hi,
I would need this fonctionality too, is it available now ?
Thank you

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline