Issue with default menu item enforced per Content Type

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #44509 by uwwandrew
I have been at this hour after hour reading forum entries, changing options, etc. I have several main categories that are each a main menu item (fc category with NO OVERRIDE). Each of them has a category list (universal content MODULE w/items set to 0) to act as sub navigation. I can select the sub categories all day long and view the content items that belong to it in the component area (blog). When I click on an item from a category OTHER than the one not chosen in the main menu moments earlier, the default menuitem is selected (from the TYPE configuration) and the module disappears. Menu, category, type and item are all set to create pathway automatically.

Joomla by default handles this perfectly with category list module. FC must be capable but my eyes are bleeding from reading through the forum and trying every possible setting. Can I somehow create a default menuitem by CATEGORY?? What am I missing?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by ggppdk. Reason: Marked Solved - appears to be resolved in another thread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #44513 by ggppdk
Hello

First (before looking into it further)
try v2.1.3 r1837 BETA

docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... VNJTHQ5V00

-- it has several enhancements regarding default menu item:
1. allows not using a default item for content types
(after you install you may re-edit/re-save the content types to re-enable (if you need it the default menu item) )

2. [bug-fix] use category from menu item for item links like /item/ that do not have menu item in their url

3. can select directory menu item for categories that do not have a menu item to themselves (directory menu item must point to the category's parent to be auto-selected)

4. can select parent category menu item for categories that do not have a direct menu item

Also please only post to the forum with relevant title, imagine everyone having a problem posting threads like:
"I MUST be missing something - My eyes are bleeding!"
or
"Urgent HELP"
or
similar

some forums do not answer such messages

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 3 months ago #44536 by uwwandrew
Thank you! Please forgive my ignorance of good protocol. Can I install this on top of the existing or should I uninstall the other first? Thanks again

More
10 years 3 months ago #44543 by ggppdk
Hello

when upgrading,

-- please do not uninstall, because uninstalling deletes the FLEXIcontent DB tables

-- just install over the existing installation

-- after you install we can see, if issue with default Content Type menu item is fixed
(just remember to re-edit your content types)

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 3 months ago #44574 by uwwandrew
OUTSTANDING! This is doing everything I need it to and more. I wish I could give this another review on JED :!: Thanks gg

More
10 years 2 months ago #44585 by ggppdk
Hello

thanks for feedback / verifying fix,

also i have changed the title of this thread

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline