[ask web-host] Cannot upload files in Flexicontent directory

More
10 years 3 months ago #45047 by airali
Hi,
I tried to edit a template following this instructions .

I downloaded "news" folder, renamed it "mynews" and then tried to upload it again in modules/mod_flexicontent/tmpl/, but I was unable to. Filezilla says "553 Could not create file".

To make an experiment, I tried to upload "mynews" folder to other directories (i.e. other modules folders). Every transfer worked, except when I tried to upload to ANY Flexicontent folder: it was impossible to upload anything both in modules/mod_flexicontent/ and all its subfolders. Also modules/mod_flexiadvsearch/ has the same problem.
Upload to other directories works.

So I thought that it could be a permissions issue. Permissions are set on 755, like in the other folders where upload worked, so it shouldn't be related.
However, I tried to change permissions to 777 to see if it helped, but I wasn't able to. Filezilla did not accept my command. I had this issue also with other directories.
Anyway, I say again that upload to other directories worked despite this permissions problem, so I don't think that this could be related to my upload issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #45054 by ggppdk

airali wrote: Hi,
I tried to edit a template following this instructions .

I downloaded "news" folder, renamed it "mynews" and then tried to upload it again in modules/mod_flexicontent/tmpl/, but I was unable to. Filezilla says "553 Could not create file".

Hello,
please
note that FTP access /managing permissions of your website is totally unrelated to FLEXIcontent, and it is beyond the scope of this forum,
- a web-hosting forum, etc
- or your web-hosting forum
will be more appropriate to post such a question

-- if you can not upload a file then simply your FTP account does not have access to write the destination FTP folder !

-- please use an appropriate account or ask your web-hosting to correct this,

by "correcting this" i mean that you web-server should be creating folders that are owned by your CPANEL/Plesk/ssh user

and not by the user account that is running the web-server process,

thus your web-server should be executing the scripts using suexec, please ask your web-hosting company to correct this

if you do-not know what "Apache, suEXEC and Virtual Hosts" are then just forward this message to you web-hosting company and ask them to correct it

if they do not, then just change web-hosting company

sorry to be so "direct/absolute" but asking support for FTP access permissions is really beyond the SCOPEs of this forum
(but it is ok that you ask, no problem ;) )

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.535 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline