Creating frontend new menu item for flexicontent

More
10 years 1 month ago #45927 by joomla_user
Hello,

Im in need to create another menu item for flexicontent component on the backend, i.e :
Home, items, types, categories...import, statistics, My menu item1,My menu item2 etc

But for some reason im unable to find the correct php file rendering that menu, is it possible to have a hint in right direction ?

I do understand that im gonna need to create a new view, so my other question, is there any difference between creating view with joomla official tutorial on creating view and the flexi way to create the view ? i mean what is the correct way to create view with flexicontent ?

Thanks in advanace,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #45930 by micker
use a module like
extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... cons/11347

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
10 years 1 month ago #45931 by joomla_user
Hi micker,
Thank you for your reply.

As far as i can see this is a menu for the joomla backend
control panel, but what i need is flexicontent's menu, like when you select flexicontent on components menu, then you got the FC home page, and to the left you got options like: ITEMS, TYPES, CATEGORIES, FIELDS etc, all FC views, and i would like add one of my own. Im on to creation of views now, and i wanted to know how do i place the link on that menu with my own view.
And while at it ill be glad to know if there is anything to know about creating views for FC.

Thanks again and best regards.

More
10 years 1 month ago #45932 by ggppdk
Hello

this is a general Joomla question,
(also i added "frontend" to the title of this forum thread)

simply duplicate an existing XML and php file:

e.g. duplicate:
components/com_flexicontent/views/NNNN/tmpl/default.xml
components/com_flexicontent/views/NNNN/tmpl/default.php

and make these:
components/com_flexicontent/views/NNNN/tmpl/mycustom_tmpl.xml
components/com_flexicontent/views/NNNN/tmpl/mycustom_tmpl.php

and modify them

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 1 month ago #45934 by joomla_user
Thank you for your reply ggppdk,

Although useful information, but its not exactly what i meant. Actually i meant a backend view for FC, i attached a screenshot to clear the fog of misunderstanding .. :)

Lets say i copy existing view (say items view for backend), how do i put a link on that menu ?

Hopefully all be ok now ;)

More
10 years 1 month ago #45935 by micker
without hack no possible ...

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline