2 questions: select list AND template

More
10 years 2 months ago #45991 by bwakad
Hello, I just installed flexicontent and am amazed by it's settings: huge!

I copied default template and renamed it. Added some fields and made some items.

Now I am curious if it is possible to make separate sql tables, especially for large select lists, like job branches, company cities? It would not be wise to type all of this in the select field itself since this can be more then 30 options...

I also have a question regarding the css/template. Currently I use site template purity iii - bootstrap 3 based. But the markup from flexicontent is not bootstrap as my site template.

So is it wise to use the css from flexicontent and override it, OR rewrite the template code from flexicontent to match site template?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #45993 by ggppdk
Hello

1st see this FAQ article too:

How to customize CSS styles of FLEXIcontent

about select field, you can create SQL table and use SQL query to show their values in FLEXIcontent fields:

select/selectmultipe/radio/radioimage/checkbox/cheboximage

please see the popup description in the "Field elements" textarea parameter

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 2 months ago #46023 by bwakad
Well, your first answer is not helping, let me explain.
I have placed the following css in joomla_templates/css/flexicontent.css to make the height match my template:
Code:
.flexicontent input.fc_text_filter, .flexicontent input.fc_field_filter, input.fc_text_filter, input.fc_text_filter:focus, input.fc_field_filter, input.fc_field_filter:focus { /* height: 14px !important; */ padding: 6px 26px 7px 4px !important; margin: 3px 4px 4px 8px !important; position: relative; /* background: transparent; ... does not work properly with ie8/9, it causes: */ /* any element with less z-index to be placed above this element, */ /* e.g. the span element for showing an inner is placed above, thus preventing focusing of the input !! */ border: 1px solid black !important; background: url(../images/magnifier-left.png) 96% 4px no-repeat white; opacity: 0.5; filter:alpha(opacity=50); min-width: 120px !important; }

and because in the original css located in component/assets/css/flexicontent.css it is made important! it will override ANY custom css. Any suggestions will be welcome.

More
10 years 2 months ago #46025 by ggppdk
Hello

simple: ;)

the !important will override a rule of same weight, that does not have the !important

simply
1. add "body" in front of your rule, to make it have more weight
2. you overridden rule must have !important too if the original rule has
body <space> <the rest of the css>

so
1. you copy the rule from flexicontent.css into your custom css file
2. add body in front to make it have more weight
3. modify the rule

the above is mentioned in the FAQ article

NOTE:
1. the !important is applied only to element having FLEXIcontent class and to generic things ...
2. many Joomla templates style stings generically, so using !important is needed and we make no misuse of it, we style specific things and not generic !! e.g. we do not use !important in
ul li {}

but in
ul.fc_class1 > li.fc_class2 {}

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline