variables for different fields

More
10 years 1 month ago #46093 by victorio404
Hello, I couldn't find a list of variables for fields display in HTML(searched in FAQ too) apart from image field.
For example I want to limit(by letter count or word count or lines count) the display of Description field inside relation field using HTML variable.
{{text##50}} results in field not displaying at all...

Can i somehow use the function striptagsandcut in 'item HTML" of relation field?

Second question:
When creating relations between 2 date fields - adding one date field in "Suffix text of every value" or "Closing text for Field" like this: {{datefield##0}}, both fields are set to display Date format as "d F Y", but the one that is in Suffix is defaulting to "Y-m-d". Is there a variable to add so the field displays correctly?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #46125 by ggppdk

victorio404 wrote: I couldn't find a list of variables for fields display in HTML(searched in FAQ too) apart from image field.

future version will show available variables inside the interface (e.g. when you drag and drop a field in templates you will be allowed to also select alternative display variables(=methods, e.g. stripandcuttext))

victorio404 wrote: Can i somehow use the function striptagsandcut in 'item HTML" of relation field?

no, you will need to add a "display variable" to the field that calls this function inside the plugin code

victorio404 wrote: Second question:
When creating relations between 2 date fields - adding one date field in "Suffix text of every value" or "Closing text for Field" like this: {{datefield##0}}, both fields are set to display Date format as "d F Y", but the one that is in Suffix is defaulting to "Y-m-d". Is there a variable to add so the field displays correctly?

these replacements are raw field values,

you could try adding some PHP code inside you category-items.php,

e.g. a search and replace thing with a regular expression

that will find Y-m-d and replace it with ...

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline