[Solved] Exclude universal module display for type

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #46502 by victorio404
Hello,
I'm trying to use universal module to display current item fields outside flexi item template.
It is working great, except i can't set the module to display only for one type of items.
Module is set to display in Items view only.
I'm setting the current item scope to "Include (Current ONLY)" and type scope to type "A". When I open item type "B" the module is still rendered - empty - only title is displayed.
Can it be set to hide module if it is empty?

I found a way with "Advanced Module Manager"(it adds "hide if empty" option) but i was wondering shouldn't that be implemented by default?
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by victorio404.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #46508 by ggppdk
Hello

you can use PHP rule parameter in FLEXIcontent modules

i have updated our relevant FAQ article (at the bottom),

you can copy the code from there (2 last example at the bottom)

just note that you need to 2 more parameters beside PHP rule parameter:

Hiding / Showing FLEXIcontent modules

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 1 week ago #46572 by victorio404
Hello,
I have noticed that even if the field is not displayed(empty) - the module position is reserved anyway. For example i'm displaying the flexi module in sidebar position(rockettheme template) and it is set to show only in item view, but when i'm in category - the sidebar column is empty, but taking the space and pushing rest of the content. Do you think that is a template issue?

P.S. Resolved by using advanced module manager pro - it has advanced flexicontent control :)

More
10 years 1 week ago #46579 by ggppdk
Hello

what FLEXIcontent universal module will do is:

return empty string (we made sure that no empty container <div> is produced, right ?)

so the templates that support detecting this can release the space

also advanced module manager can detect empty

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline