Can I limit Categories For Front-end Submissions?

More
14 years 1 month ago #4735 by fmgoodwin
I'm trying out the test stable version of FlexiContent and I'm trying to limit the categories available for front-end submission. The editor I'm using (JCE) is showing all my active categories, with a choice to select one or more categories. Can I limit front-end submissions to one category that is pre-determined?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4794 by ewel
I'd love to have this too, that is I'd like to be able to set a list of allowed categories, and then I'd want FlexiAccess to filter that list according to permissions.

There is room for various small improvements like this, but the more I use the combination of FlexiAccess and FlexiContent the more I like it. I don't think I'll ever see com_content again! :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #4840 by tmrsk
You can do it manuel..
Find:
Code:
<div class="flexi_formblock"> <label for="cid" class="flexi_label"> <?php echo JText::_( 'FLEXI_CATEGORIES' ).':';?> <?php if ($this->perms['multicat']) : ?> <span class="editlinktip hasTip" title="<?php echo JText::_ ( 'FLEXI_NOTES' ); ?>::<?php echo JText::_ ( 'FLEXI_CATEGORIES_NOTES' );?>"> <?php echo JHTML::image ( 'components/com_flexicontent/assets/images/icon-16-hint.png', JText::_ ( 'FLEXI_NOTES' ) ); ?> </span> <?php endif; ?> </label> <?php echo $this->lists['cid']; ?> </div>

in compenets/com_flexicontent/views/items/tmpl/form.php

Replace:
Code:
<div class="flexi_formblock"> <label for="cid" class="flexi_label"> Kategoriler: </label> <select name="cid[]" id="cid" class="inputbox required validate-cid" size=""> <option value="40">Ders Kitaplari</option> <option value="41">Edebiyat Kitaplari</option> </select> </div> </div>
change 40 and 41 to your allowed categories id. change "Ders Kitaplari.." to your allowed categories name.

That's all

More
14 years 1 month ago #5485 by fmgoodwin
This works nicely. Thank you very much! --Francis

More
14 years 1 month ago #5495 by chessman
That's not a good solution to manually modify thé template. That's better to use flexiaccess cause you can do it "out of thé box"

www.christophehagnere.fr <= entièrement réalisé avec FLEXIcontent
www.joomla.fr <= Co-administrateur
Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline