How to set workflow

More
9 years 10 months ago #47945 by amaida
How to set workflow was created by amaida
Hello.
I'm trying like to set Flexicontent to set up this workflow with flexicontent but I really I can't find the right way.

Supposing we have a new item:
1. user "a" should can choose only a specific category or content type. He write an item, can not edit permissions or state. State should be "unpublished";
2. user "b" receive notification and can only edit or set to "in progress";
3. user "c" receive notification and can only update state (to "waiting for approval";
4. user "d" set the item to published, and all users of the community will be notified of the new item.

The main feature I am looking is that user "a" should create only items in specific category and using specific "content type". I tried to do this creating a group "creatore a" with specific permissions , but without successs.

Could anyoone try to write down step by step how to reach this goal?

Thank you very much in advance.

Alessandro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #47948 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic How to set workflow
Hello

ACL works as in Joomla (read Joomla docs) but we have more ACL options

amaida wrote: 1. user "a" should can choose only a specific category or content type. He write an item, can not edit permissions or state. State should be "unpublished";

-- Use ACL for controling category assignment ("create" privelege in component/category permissions) and also ACL for controling which types can be created by the user ("Create Items" ACL privelege in type configuration)

or you can use a submit menu item override to force a specific category and/or specific content type, thus ignoring ACL

amaida wrote: 2. user "b" receive notification and can only edit or set to "in progress";

-- you can do "receive notification" in component/type configuration, and also do "edit" via ACL edit privelege in component/categories, but the "only set to in progress" is not possible, you will either give user edit state or not give him edit state

amaida wrote: 3. user "c" receive notification and can only update state (to "waiting for approval;)

- see answer above (for 2) maybe permitting specific states will be configurable in future version, now this is not available

amaida wrote: 4. user "d" set the item to published, and all users of the community will be notified of the new item.

- see answer above

amaida wrote: The main feature I am looking is that user "a" should create only items in specific category and using specific "content type". I tried to do this creating a group "creatore a" with specific permissions , but without successs.

-- see answer for 1, this is possible for both category and for (content) type

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline