Purge advanced index

More
9 years 7 months ago #49366 by ROZZA
Purge advanced index was created by ROZZA
Hello,
Please advice, the table finder terms is getting heavy, by clicking the "purge index advanced" button creates problems to the table?
Moreover can this operation to reduce the size of the table?

Thank you for your usual courtesy.
Best regards
Salvatore
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #49376 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Purge advanced index
Hello

no it is not dangerous
just after purging you will have to recreate the index,

also clicking "index" purges the old index,

NOTE: that FLEXIcontent advanced index is not using the Joomla "Finder"/Smart search, instead it is a FLEXIcontent specific implementation

NOTE: the index creation process is multiple times faster than Joomla Smart(finder) index, but it is a little slower in searching

(Basic Index is used in FLEXIcontent category and search view)
(Advanced Index is -optional- used in FLEXIcontent search view)

see the popup descriptions for parameters in field edit form, and also the parameters in the FLEXIcontent MENU item of type "Search"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 7 months ago #49385 by ROZZA
Replied by ROZZA on topic Purge advanced index
Thank you very much

More
9 years 7 months ago #49797 by MikeSantana
Replied by MikeSantana on topic Purge advanced index
We are having and similar issue with the Advance index as well.
it said: "Notice - 1 - field(s) have a 'dirty' property: (Search View 'Text Searchable OR Filterable') . Please recalculate the -ADVANCED- Search Index once !!!"
Image attached: [attachment=1:2kj49qs9]<!-- ia1 -->Search_view_Dirty.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:2kj49qs9]

Image link:

I had try all the Re-index options and the only one that seam to do some indexing is "Re-Index Basic". However the message stay the same. If I try any of the other "Re-index"button is does nothing and the screen stays for ever saying "Index Running...."
Image attached:[attachment=0:2kj49qs9]<!-- ia0 -->cleaning_search_index.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2kj49qs9]

Please help me with this issue.

Mike
Attachments:

More
9 years 7 months ago #49798 by MikeSantana
Replied by MikeSantana on topic Purge advanced index
Does it have to do with this?
We changed in the backend fields panel the status on one field to be "Yes" under the Search view column for "Text filter" and "Filter". We did it to test if the filter functionality would work for our project. It did not. :( :( We needed a more complex filter.

When we did the change the icon changed from [attachment=2:2sxz9ntx]<!-- ia2 -->No_icon.jpg<!-- ia2 -->[/attachment:2sxz9ntx] to [attachment=1:2sxz9ntx]<!-- ia1 -->Yes_rebuild_index.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:2sxz9ntx].

After the testing we decided to try to go back to disable the filters. But it did not work. It did not want to change the status of "No, Rebuild search Index" to "No" status [attachment=2:2sxz9ntx]<!-- ia2 -->No_icon.jpg<!-- ia2 -->[/attachment:2sxz9ntx] again. We have the problem to change it back as you could see in the image. [attachment=0:2sxz9ntx]<!-- ia0 -->problem to change back.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2sxz9ntx]

Now that I was trying to figure out what the problem was I was able to turn one filter back to "No" from the filter's column shown in the above image when doing it one by one and executing the "Re-index".

For some reason I still have the problem that I can't turn the option for "No" for the "Search View->filter" column and completely fix the issue with the "Re-index".

Please let me know if there is a reason the that it can't go back to "No" filters.
Attachments:

More
9 years 7 months ago #49799 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Purge advanced index
Hello

please always mention Joomla and FC version/revisions
Code:
However the message stay the same. If I try any of the other "Re-index"button is does nothing and the screen stays for ever saying "Index Running...."

the means that there is an error being returned, which can be seen by checking the Network response e.g. via firebug.

If you know do not know how to do this, you may send me a PM to review this

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline