[No data migration needed] Data migration

More
9 years 5 months ago #50835 by emanuelusa
Hi,

I do have Joomla 2.5 with flexicontent version 2.2.0 r1895 , and as said earlier we want to move from Joomla 2.5 to 3.3.6 with flexicontent version 2.2.0 stable..

So will you please guide me that do I migrate my data from earlier version to newer version with help of any script or any functionality there within flexicontent component, Please give me your guidance it will help me a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #50836 by micker
1 update your flexicontent to stable
2 juste update joomla !
3 ;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
9 years 5 months ago #50837 by ggppdk
Hello

micker wrote: 1 update your flexicontent to stable
2 juste update joomla !
3 ;)

yes you install latest FLEXIcontent and then upgrade to J3, you may need to clean frontend/backend cache after upgrading, or relogin !

- there is no DATA migration needed, only new features and bug-fixes
- minor behavior changes, you might need to edit component configuration
- some changes to default FLEXIcontent CSS ...

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 5 months ago #50846 by emanuelusa
Thanks for the kind information, but I have marked one more thing,, this folder public_html/components/com_flexicontent/librairies/phpthumb/cache, is really taking almost space of my hosting, is it really needing one, or shall I delete it on certain time interval as its cache folder only?

Please answer.

More
9 years 5 months ago #50848 by ggppdk
Hello

you can read here how to decrease the size of the cache

www.flexicontent.org/documentati ... mance.html

but default size is of phpThumb is rather small, only 200 MBytes,

-- image field uses fixed thumbnails so no thumbnail reculation,

-- but other views/modules that use custom sizes for image thumbnails rely on the cache of phpThumb to avoid server load because of image thumbnail recalculation, so if you have a lot of content, decreasing phpThumb cache size, may increase CPU load on the web-site (is site has many content and large thumbnails)

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
9 years 4 months ago #51027 by ggppdk
Hello

please see/answer the PM that i have sent you

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline