Update 2015 - Canvas and SVG (animated)

More
9 years 4 months ago #51139 by igcorreia
Hi friends.

Took me many years to get to the point where I am today, today is the day where I gave up on browser compatibility.
I was the type of person that optimized the projects for to ie8 and ie9, but not anymore.

Starting today, we are only developing for the latest versions of each browser (mobile and desktop).
After taking this decision I decided to use all the possible tools that the browsers allow today, like animated svg, canvas and more tricks :)

This is so far the most ambitious project we made, it has custom VIDEOS made by us, custom design, custom icons and custom svg.
The entire project is conversion based and there are a few neat sections inside the site that I suggest you check.

Please leave us your fully honest opinion it is always welcome. We have already re-touched the site 6 times to the point where our eyes cannot find more errors please help us. :)

Please check it here: j.mp/1yuhZQz (this is a bitly link)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #51146 by ggppdk

igcorreia wrote: I was the type of person that optimized the projects for to ie8 and ie9, but not anymore.

igcorreia wrote: Starting today, we are only developing for the latest versions of each browser (mobile and desktop).
After taking this decision I decided to use all the possible tools that the browsers allow today, like animated svg, canvas and more tricks :)

Hhmm latest browser for IE ?

windows7/windows8.1 use IE11

windows vista use IE9

windows xp use IE8

1. you should support last 3 version of IE that is:
IE9-IE10-IE11

2. for windows XP (IE8), many of these users are already being (anyway) forced to use firefox/chrome, since many have dropped support for IE8

if you only support IE11, you should at least warn visiting users of this

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 4 months ago #51168 by igcorreia
That is true.
I will warn the users after we stable the site.
We tested and it actually works in ie9.

But it does not work in ie8.

PS: I don't want to make business with people that still use windows XP.ahahahahah

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline