I uninstalled FlexiContent Now trash manager can't delete

More
14 years 1 month ago #5119 by lmiksch
I had to uninstall FlexiContent. The uninstall did not delete the extra articles, sections and categories that were created by FlexiContent. I manually deleted the articles - went to Trash Manager and found nothing. I tried to delete anyway and received a message stating that I needed to select an article to delete before I could really delete it. Sadly, as there is nothing there that I can see- I cannot select anything.

Now I need to delete the unattached categories and sections so that my menus can work properly again - but I cannot.

If I try to delete at the section level I receive a message stating that I cannot delete the section because it contains categories. If I try to delete at the category level I get an error message that states the categories contain articles, which I explained in paragraph 1 - I cannot see.

Can someone please tell me how to really delete the FlexiContent articles that Joomla seems to be unable to delete and which I can no longer see. And then tell me how to delete the extra sections and categories.

I am using Joomla 1.5.15, upgraded form the Joomla Enterprise version that started as 1.5.14.

Thanks,

Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5120 by vistamedia
Hi Linda,
As FLEXIcontent extends the core com_content it binds the standard article with extended data.
In order to remove every flexicontent data, you must reinstall flexicontent to delete all articles/categories created in it.
Then you can uninstall it again.
Normally you don't have to do that, but I guess you created article in flexi and trash them with the standard article manager.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #5121 by lmiksch
OK - I have reinstalled FlexiContent and I see no items, articles or categories.

Do I import and bind them all again which I know will create a new copies?

If I do that - will not I be in the same predicament since it seams that I caused the mess when I tried to delete the articles through an un-extened by FlexiContent Joomla and apparently created phantoms?

More
14 years 1 month ago #5123 by vistamedia
No, you just have to choose the old section you use (and couldn't delete with flexi) in the global comfiguration of the component.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #5124 by lmiksch
Sorry, I seem to be getting more confused. It appears you are telling me to go to Global Configuration from the FlexiContent screens. I have done this and I do in fact see the Sections that FlexiContent created - however, I cannot identify anyway to delete these sections from within the Global Configuration.

In case I was wrong in my thinking - I also tried to again delete the previously created categories and sections through the Joomla managers and this again failed.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5133 by lmiksch
Solved - I didn't realize that there were two trash managers. Finding the Article trash manager resolved the issue.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline