FlexiContent as Lead Management System

More
9 years 2 months ago #52603 by mauriestate
Hi,

We are using FlexiContent for our real estate website and since there are not such CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system around which is simple as per our requirements, we are trying to use FlexiContent as well to create this simple lead management system, but we are having a small issue to make it working properly and we need some hints about how to achieve what we are trying to do.

This lead management system is accessible on the website frontend and only users who have the access right can access the lead directory.

We have many agents (about 30 so far) who will be adding their leads to the directory, the directory is divided into categories and sub-categories.

We have created all necessary fields for leads, including first name, last name, email, requirements etc.

So, in the directory listing, we need to show only basic details, that is, only some fields must be visible such as first name, last name and requirements.

We have created another menu item link for 'My Leads' where the agent can access leads he has added to the directory, however, in the 'My Leads' section, the agent should be able to access the hidden fields such as telephone, email address etc.

What we have tried to do so far is to make two template duplication, on one template we have added only the basic fields and on the second template, we have added the private data fields.

Under each category, we have selected the first template that shows only the basic details so that other agents do not access private contact details of the current agent leads, in the 'My Leads' menu item, under 'Parameters Layout Selection' we have selected the second template that contains the private fields.

However, this is not working as we were expecting as in both layout, we can see only public details and the agent still do not see the private details using the 'My Leads' menu item.

As per our opinion, since we have selected the template layout in the item type, whatever configuration we set in the category layout, it takes the template layout from the item type and not the category layout override, well this is our opinion.

We only need to find a solution to hide some fields to other agents and only the author of the item and the site admin can see these private fields.

Can anyone please give us an idea about how to achieve this?

Offering professional real estate and investment services in Mauritius. Visit us at www.sjkestate.com to also see the power of Flexicontent with Joomla to promote our services.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #52608 by micker
you use ACL for each field +no access message=> create 2 groups and assign it

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
9 years 2 months ago #52610 by mauriestate

micker wrote: you use ACL for each field +no access message=> create 2 groups and assign it

Hi micker,

I am not sure this is a good solution, if I create 2 groups and use ACL, each agent need to get access to the contact details of his own leads, if I need to assign a user to a specific user group, I will have to do the same for all 30 agents so that each one can see his own lead private details and not other agent's leads private details!

Maybe I was not clear enough while explaining my issue, so maybe some examples are welcome:

I have created 7 custom fields as below:

1. Title (can be viewed by all agents)
2. First Name (can be viewed by all agents)
3. Last Name (can be viewed by all agents)
4. Email (can only be viewed by item author)
5. Mobile (can only be viewed by item author)
6. Home Phone (can only be viewed by item author)
7. Office Phone (can only be viewed by item author)

and of course the description field is also used as requirements, therefore all agents can view this field as well.

So, we'll be having around 30 agents and hopefully, the number of agents will keep on growing from time to time.

Agent A add an item and save it, when he goes to the item detailed page, he needs to be able to see all details included in the item as he is the author of the item.

Agent B visit this same item page, he only needs to get access to the 1. Title, 2. First Name, 3. Last Name and 4. Description fields, so that, if agent be has what Agent A customer is looking for, he may contact us as administrators to let us know he has the required property and we in return get in touch with the customer to provide him the information about the available property!

I hope that my example is better this time and as you'll see the ACL feature is not really applicable to this specific issue! Well as per my opinion, if you still think the ACL feature is a solution, please let me know how to make it work based on this specific example.

Thanks,

Jean Pierre

Offering professional real estate and investment services in Mauritius. Visit us at www.sjkestate.com to also see the power of Flexicontent with Joomla to promote our services.

More
9 years 2 months ago #52614 by ggppdk
Hello

-- for viewing,
fields can have an ACCESS level that will prevent some usergroups from seeing them when item is displayed

-- for item form, users CANNOT see field that they cannot edit, (use edit value privilege)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline