Mysql Integration?

More
9 years 2 months ago #52725 by rgreen
Mysql Integration? was created by rgreen
Hi,
I am considering using Flexi Content for a new project. This project is a product catalogue that I will be creating in Flexicontent. However we need to display data on each product from a mysql database that will be separate to the flexicontent data. This mysql dataset will be constantly changing and updating so it needs to live in msyql and needs to display on the same page as the other catalog/ product data that will be flexicontent. Is this possible? Thanks rg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #52726 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Mysql Integration?
you can use mysql requeest in field
or you can use professional component for import export data fleximport

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
9 years 2 months ago #52732 by rgreen
Replied by rgreen on topic Mysql Integration?
Thanks. The mysql request would be the solution here.

Two more questions on the features that I need to know before we install is

First is regarding notifications of new content items by users. We are creating a film catalog and when a user searches for a film and the search comes up empty we want to be able to give the user the option of being notified in the future when we activate that new film title. So the workflow would be something like:
1. user searches and the search comes up null with the message "sorry not available, but would you like to be notified when we add it?"
2. if user says yes, a form comes up with title and the user inputs the exact title.
3. new film gets added as a new content item but not activated in the main catalog.
4. when we add the title to the main catalog the user that requested along with any other users that have requested the same title are notified.

I realize this feature may not be available exactly as described but would we be able to configure or modify to do the above?

2. Reviews. We will have user reviews and staff reviews of the films. I presume we can create a " film review" content item that will relate to the main Film title content? So if display the main film title we will be able to display any user reviews and/or staff reviews? the reviews would be a child table if I were to be using mysql...

Thanks!!!

More
9 years 2 months ago #52734 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Mysql Integration?
Hello

the field value list of fields:
select
selectmultiple
radio
radioimage
checkbox
checkboximage

can be created via SQL query, in short the "element" parameter can accept an SQL query (see popup description) instead of element text, you may check if this is enough for you

-- About: being notified of non-existing content, we have notification cases:
--> a user may subscribe for notification of changes to existing items "favourites field"

Then we have "workflow" notifications, mainly meant for workflow/publication handling (workflow TAB in compoenent) for
- new items (user can publish),
- new items (user cannot publish aka publsiapproval need),
- existing items (no-version revial needed),
- existing items (user cannot publish aka version approval neeeded)

About reviews you can create a "relation field" and enable the "Submit related button", and name the button "submit review", but some configuration on customize the form in content type configuration, will be needed to remove uneeded things

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline