How does category connect to data source

More
6 years 8 months ago #69102 by alig8r7
Hi there. I have Flexicontent and Fleximport. I have an xml feed imported and it automatically goes into a category. I had professional support from Fleximport configure it for me. Now I have another feed which needs to import into a new category. I have set both the feed and the category up. When I hit the import button, the correct new feed information imports in but it automatically populates the old category. I've looked everywhere and I can find the setting that tells the import feed which category to go to.

I went to the Fleximport website is down and does not say when it will be up again.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #69104 by ggppdk
Hello

some or all of these extensions has been given to the CORE team,
we will review updating them and maybe include in the CORE

in case of fleximport, we have our own powerful import task !

but it does not include categories
we will be examining adding this too

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #69124 by alig8r7
Hi there. I went to the import page in flexicontent but it does not look like it imports from an .xml feed. (only csv file) We have a long-term client that depends on us being able to import contest from an .xml feed. This is why we purchased flex import and paid for support help getting it set up so that it automatically populated a category. Are you saying that flex import will be discontinued? Will flexicontent be able to automatically import content to a category from an xml feed in the near future? Please advise. In the meantime the specific question I need answered is this: The support person set up flex import to import items into a specific category. I need to know what setting in fleximport tells the items to go to a specific category please.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by alig8r7.

More
6 years 7 months ago #69141 by micker
hello we work hard on many feature ... if you want to sponsoe something go to georgios MP for a paid service

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
6 years 6 months ago #69731 by jrodgar
hi!

Just would like to know what are your plans for fleximport. Have they abandoned the extension? is under your support now? I have this installed from an old version, I have yet to check if it is working properly with the new joomla/flexicontent version

Unless otherwise indicated:
Joomla 3.8.1
Flexicontent 3.2.1.7

More
6 years 6 months ago #69735 by ggppdk
Hello

we have been given the extension,
but had no time to review / update it yet

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline