Pro or not Pro, that is the question !

More
5 years 2 months ago #75861 by Rooney

ggppdk wrote: You see, we could easily ... just break the old urls and make them throw 404
The old URLs should continue to work, otherwise existing bookmarks and indexed content would break

About duplicate URLs
- A single rel canonical take cares of duplicates
- the old URLs with ids in the URL are no longer generated by the website, just they do not break

I do not understand this point, because the old URLs are still generated and therefor stay in Google index. And the old URL do not have a canonical tag, so the new URLs will be indexed too. This results that all category blog articles are indexed twice or better Google might be classify them as double content.
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #75862 by ggppdk
Hello

1. while having enabled the remove-ids options, do you still get a page of the website that contains URLs of the old type ?

can you provide a website page that contains old type of URLs (URLs with ids) ?
- please note that i do mean a page with some description text that contains URLs of the old type,
i mean a category page, or a page with a module, etc

please give a link to the webpage

2. About rel-canonical, and if needed will force to always include in the page

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by ggppdk.

More
5 years 2 months ago #75863 by Chabi01

ggppdk wrote: Hello

yes if you try to go back to 3.2.1.15 you will get duplicate primary key, once per login

maybe it is worth spending some time avoiding this
although downgrading on 3.3.x and 3.2.x should be not be expected to work

also about uninstall - reinstall thing,
uninstall should not be done if you have data, data are deleted

Hi Georges,
Aware of this :) I never do this on my own in a working site but you will have to spend time on this kind of issue for sure. Maybe you could add a "security" (i dont if this is possible) in the "downgrade" process or even in the uninstall process and maybe also inform what plugins will be remove or added if people upgrade (i did not see in example any "map" plugins..or maybe i did not see it).
All this obviously done with a "non final" release, so it may be premature :)
Anyway, that was only a test here :)
Have a nice day !
Xavier

More
5 years 2 months ago #75864 by Rooney
Here is the category link: www.muenstermann.com/en/thermal-treatmen...ojects-drying-plants
Here is the link to an article (new URL): www.muenstermann.com/en/thermal-treatmen...-using-product-trays
Here is the link to an article (old URL): www.muenstermann.com/en/industry-segment...-using-product-trays

The link with ID is directly from Google search!

Rooney

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #75865 by ggppdk
Hello

> The link with ID is directly from Google search!

that is because your webiste was indexed in the past with this URL

1. i see the problem that we now need to always add rel-canonical,
will do the above

2. but about old URLs with IDs
do you still have them somewhere in the HTML source (e.g. item links in category view, or item links in module listings) ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by ggppdk.

More
5 years 2 months ago #75866 by Rooney

ggppdk wrote: although downgrading on 3.3.x and 3.2.x should be not be expected to work

Works! have done it several times in the past :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline