user groups and fields

More
5 years 10 months ago #73347 by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com
In fact I've got 2 questions:

1) defining a user group access to a TAB_SET: START it means that all fields included in that TAB will be available only to that user group?
2) the same question but for the field group, ie, defining a user group access to a field group ir means that the included fields will only be available for that user group?
2) ir it possible to define this when filling the form? ie, I've got a field group, and one of the fields is the user group list, so that defining the user's group in that field determines that the remain fields from that field group will only be available to that usergroup.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #73350 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic user groups and fields
Hello

the field "Custom HTML (tabs, fieldset, etc)"

is only meant to be shown in item form
and its purpose is to add CUSTOM HTML into the form
nothing else

- so setting the access level of it is useless

to set the "edit field value" ACL privilege will only effect the field itself
the field is just HTML it does not group field !!

So set the "edit field value" ACL in -every- field that you need to do

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
5 years 10 months ago #73352 by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com
Ok, I got it.

So let's say that I have a item, that item has ACL defined to public, but this item has fields that should only be viewed by registered users.

For what I understood this is possible by defining in the form the ACL to this field. Is this correct?

But this is pre-determined.

Let us say that I have a field and I want that allow the admin user that is filling the form to specify what user will be able to see the info. Is it possible?

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #73353 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic user groups and fields
Hello

please read the following make a note of these
in Joomla (and in FLEXIcontent)

- Access levels are for viewing
- ACL permission are for create, edit, delete, publish, etc

For Item form
- for ITEMs you will configure ACL create / edit / edit-state in component permissions / categories permissions
- for fields ACL "edit-field-value" allows you to edit every field in item form

you do the above by selecting user groups that have create, edit, etc

For item viewing
- you will set ACCESS level in item, type, cateory configuration (e.g. public access level)

then even if an item is viewable you can set some fields to be viewable only by usergroups that have a specific access level
- in every field select the access level that is required for viewing
e.g. if you select access level "Registered" then only users of usergoups that have this access level will be able to view the field values
e.g. the item will show but the above fields will not be shown to public

the above for access levels and ACL create/edit/etc are Joomla knowledge , and are not limited to FLEXIcontent

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by ggppdk.

More
5 years 10 months ago #73355 by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com
Yes I got it. But my doubt was other.

Let's say you have an item of type event (as in the project I've been developing).

When creating a new item (ie a new event) you fill the form with some data. One of the field is "synopsis" and it's possible to have several "synopsis", so this is a repeatable field.

So imagine that I'm creating a new item, fill the form, and arrive to the field synopsis. Now Imagine that this event has 2 synopsis (but it can have 100), one synopsis is available to the public, and other is available only to a certain usergroup.

What I want to know is if it's possible to specify what usergroup will have access to view that synopsis when creating the item, ie, I create a new item, insert info in the synopsis field, select what usergoup can view that info; then I click "Add value" to insert another synopsis field, after it I insert the info in that field and specify what usergroup will have access to that info.

Is it possible?

Thanks

More
1 year 6 months ago #82736 by AlainR
Replied by AlainR on topic user groups and fields
Did you manage to do what you wanted? Are these distinct fields or, if I understood you correctly, distinct values that are sometimes public and sometimes for restricted access?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline