schema.org Category view: 5 errors for each item/article (only 1 in item view)

More
4 years 6 months ago #77309 by flodariege
Hello again,

Still working on structured data, I realize that when my items/articles are displayed in category view, Google can't access the whole microdata of it, and warns me with 5 errors for each articles, like this:

It seems weird to me, as the missing information is author, datePublished, headline, image (and publisher, but this one exist in item view too).

When I check any item/article in those with all these errors, Google flashes with only 1 error (Publisher missing), like this:

Any idea of what I should do to allow Google to access to the structured data possibly hidden now by the category view template?

Thank you for any help ;)

Flo

Dare to dream, believe the unbelievable, never take no for an answer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #77316 by ggppdk
Hello

some microdata fields are not add by flexicontent automatically

you can add relevant flexicontent fields to the list,
and in the field configuration select their microdata role

- example about datePublished
1. create a date field
2. at EDITING Tab / VALUES Tab, configure it to show publish up time
3. at SEO table configure its microdata property to be "datePublished"
4. display the field in your catetgory view

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
4 years 6 months ago #77321 by flodariege

ggppdk wrote: Hello

some microdata fields are not add by flexicontent automatically

you can add relevant flexicontent fields to the list,
and in the field configuration select their microdata role

- example about datePublished

But if you look at the item view GSD test, this value (datePublished) is perfectly well handled!
This let me think that Flexicontent DO handle those values, but we just have a problem with the categroy view.
From my point of view, the best solution would be to have ZERO GSD for category view.
That would be a simpler option.

BUT...
I am very interested on the solution you talk about in the end of your message :

ggppdk wrote: 1. create a date field
2. at EDITING Tab / VALUES Tab, configure it to show publish up time
3. at SEO table configure its microdata property to be "datePublished"
4. display the field in your catetgory view

... because maybe it could be a solution for my other problem, the one we are already talking about here:
flexicontent.org/forum/20-general-suppor...e-way-to-add-it.html

If you tell me how I can create a field to generate the Publisher value (all I need is a place where to write down the input), it could solve my "Publisher problem."

So, I repeat because I feel I am not that clear in english:

- for the category view, the solution would be to prevent the GSD to display, in order to get ZERO article GSD in the category blog pages (this, there is no way I can do it by myself, if someone from flexicontent don't tell me how to:blink: )

- for the item view, the solution would be to create a field where to put the Publisher value (this, maybe I can handle it by myself, learning how to work with those fields)
To do so, I need to understand. When you say:

ggppdk wrote: you can add relevant flexicontent fields to the list,

... what list are you talking about?

Thank you so much for your help, I feel we are on something, here:)

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #77348 by flodariege
Hello,

I finally found out that, in item view, the JSON-LD microdata is generated by the plugin SOCIALMETA (Emmanuel Danan).

I also understood that in category view, it is NOT JSON-LD microdata, but itemscope stuff.

And if I look seriously to my source code, here is what is making Google cry:

For each article in category view, flexicontent generates this code:
Code:
<li id="fc_bloglist_item_1" class="fc_bloglist_item fceven fccol2" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Article" style="overflow: hidden;"> <h2 class="contentheading"> <span class="fc_item_title" itemprop="name"> <a href="/blablabla.html">Titre de l'article</a> </span> </h2> <span class="fc_mublock"></span> <div class="lineinfo image_descr"> <p><h3>Sous-titre</h3> <p>Résumé de l'article (partie avant le readmore</p> </div> <span class="readmore"> <a href="/blablabla.html" class="btn" itemprop="url"> <span class="fas fa-hand-point-right"></span> En savoir plus </a> </span> </li>

So, Flexicontent is generating :
itemscope
itemtype=" schema.org/Article "
itemprop="name"
... which is obviously incomplete for Google.

What php file am I supposed to modify to prevent FC from writing this incomplete microdata?

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by flodariege.

More
4 years 5 months ago #77349 by ggppdk
Hello

in category view the files that contain the microdata are the files that contain the HTML of the items them

category_items.php
category_items_html5.php

(almost same files, change at same place)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
4 years 5 months ago #77353 by flodariege
Thanks.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.585 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline