Advice needed: is this kind of pages possible in one item?

More
4 years 4 months ago #77698 by grabit
Hi,

I need some advice, I have to present a list of downloadable documents for each event

in one page
day by day
Grouped by section and then
grouped by speaker/presentation

Each event is different, not the same number of days, sections, some speakers have more than one file, ...

Here is a picture of how it was done:

Is it feasable on one item (more easy to enter the data's) or do I need to create a category for each event?

Thanks for your help.

An Apple a days keeps the doctor away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #77703 by ggppdk
Hi

You can try this

- Create 1 item per day
- Create 1 file field per section (yes you will need to create several file fields)

Then for every "day item"
1. find the sections (= file felds) that will be needed for this day
2. and add in them the files , and name every file as
Author - Title of presentation
3. Add the "day items" in a category and show them via the category view

At least the above will give you the result you need ???

but i do not know if you need other pages you might also have to create other items that you different fields and use different file fields there

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by ggppdk.

More
4 years 4 months ago #77712 by grabit
Thanks for the advice!

It works fine.

One more thing: I need to have a relation between those category (events) blogs and the event page.

Reverse relation field permits to link back to the related item, how is it possible to link back to the main category of the related item?

in the event, the button proceedings is the link to the proceedings list (an item), I need that for presentations but the target is a category blog.

The presentation page: bir.grab-it.com/conventions/past-convent...ns/55-singapore-2018

The event page: bir.grab-it.com/conventions/past-convent...onvention-exhibition

More
4 years 4 months ago #77720 by grabit
Finally I could manage to link to the category view of the related item by inserting this html:
Code:
<a href="index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=category&cid={item->catid}" class="uk-button uk-button-small uk-button-secondary" uk-icon="icon: comments">Presentations&nbsp;</a>

Hope this helps somebody

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline