Preview Button URL not using menu item pointing to the item

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #78010 by iamrobert
I have started from scratch with new Joomla and fresh FLEXIcontent. Its been several years - so what am I missing?

My page SEF URL is:

/expertise

When I click on the preview button in administrator its not going to the correct URL:

/content_page/english/expertise/expertise?lang=en&preview=2

This URL content seems to match the:

/templates/articles/category_items.php

As a result the design doesn't match the frontend menu link.

Switching off SEF the preview works:
index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=item&cid=11:expertise&id=4:expertise&Itemid=117&lang=en&preview=2

2. I have set article to 'Route to FC item view' but doesn't make a difference:

3. If I set it Remove IDs from URLs - it seems to go away:

BUT::
/iam/content_page/item/4-expertise
<link href="http://localhost/iam/content_page/item/4-expertise" rel="canonical" />

/expertise
<link href="http://localhost/iam/expertise" rel="canonical" />

Now I have 2 URLS with the same canonical.

Any ideas?
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #78013 by ggppdk
Hello

this is not related to preview URL it is for redirecting or rerouting Joomla article views:

> 2. I have set article to 'Route to FC item view' but doesn't make a difference:

About your question the preview URL
- will use the menu item only if it is possible
a. correct language and of correct access, (this applies for all parent menu items up to the root menu item)
- the extra variable &lang=...&preview=... are always appended to make sure no language switching occurs via associations

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #78016 by iamrobert
Thanks, ggppdk - that gave me clues to solve it as I hadn't set up the site correctly.

As the site is multi-lingual - I was setting the items and menu to English, but I hadn't set the site to multi-lingual as Chinese comes later. So - it was creating 2 URLs.

Setting the menu and language to ALL made it redirect to the correct URL or enabling the language plugins seems to fix it.

Start subscriptions for FLEXIcontent!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline