flexicontent only in one type ( joomla else)

More
3 years 10 months ago #78982 by tataye

ggppdk wrote: Hello

but that is will not be useful to you right ??

PS: i have updated version number to v3.4.0-b1 2020-06-29

I will learn this customer to do with ...
But I am thinking of some use that other cck let do, and like that flexi should be a great real cck :
Imagine you have a site with articles, you would like to add a part with recipes (just an exemple)

when you go in joomlacontent views you will have only what you have already done ( items and categorys)
and when you go in flexi views you will see only recipes items and categories.

So you will have with this option an universal component that does not break your habits.

Is it realist ? ( good idea or not ?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #78983 by micker
its the pro and con ...
flexi use com_content ... good compatibility many good features (plugin execution ..) but its a problem to seperate it ...!
we start to use own specifi db table and allow to choose it ... but it's real in important works need many times

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
3 years 10 months ago #78991 by tataye
we could think about a plugin that choose the type that are shown in content or flexi view ? even if both are in the same table ?

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #78993 by ggppdk
Hello

in any case this currently does not exist,
all items have type

about "plugin"
it exists already it is our "flexisystem" (system type) plugin that handles the redirection to FC item view / form

- at most we could add selection of which types will be redirected to flexicontent item form / view
(we already have the above for frontend, we could enable this in backend too)

Despite the above option, Joomla articles manager will still list all items
and similarly FC items manager, it will still list all items

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by ggppdk.

More
3 years 10 months ago #79000 by tataye
yep,
I have seen all thath, thanks
For my case : I suggested the staff to use com content for joomla as usual and just for on type go into flexi.
we will add some message to alert people, and with css mark catégories that is not the right type in both view ( to prevent opening )

More
3 years 10 months ago #79003 by micker
for me i prefer to flexi always 1 ux for all usage ...
with my unersal module i am creating link to diffrents cat, user always see what he want ...
and if i want to do more i use some css in custom.css of isis or more precisly in type > item form, you can add css in form backend for each type (or in global config)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline