how to setup a blog with dynamic url structure?

More
3 years 3 months ago #79680 by kath
Hi there,

maybe I'm missing the obvious here (was out of the loop for some time, so, sorry if I am), but here is what I'm trying to do:

How can I setup a "standard blog" (like wordpress does) that shows FlexiContent articles in an ordered URL structure like so:
  • /2020/
    category-layout with article teasers (possibly paged) from correct date range.
  • /2020/12/
  • /2020/12/24/
  • /2020/12/24/merry-christmas/
    item-layout
My question is limited to the URL part / menu item part.
Thanks a lot in advance, and sorry again if I'm missing some basics here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #79681 by micker
do be panic any body can ask any question if we can we help...
for me i can see (but can do a mistake its a complexe question)
Using category view
-> create a category with grid template and use feature option to display top item at first, use ordering by date with revers option to have good order
-> add sub category for each month or use paging option to display the good number of item peer month or use Locked Filter values
to auto select item via a date range
-> use url rewritting rule via htacess or sh404sef to create url
maybe an other solution is to use flexicontent universal module with data range system

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
3 years 3 months ago #79695 by kath
great, thanks! I'll look deeper into sh404sef then, specifically how to dynamically generate those year-/month-urls.
Thanks again, Ben :)

More
3 years 3 months ago #79696 by micker
with pleasure

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline