Adding and displaying items based on author usergroup

More
3 years 2 months ago #79748 by pastoweb
H, I run a commmunity website based on Community Bulder

I need my users to be able to post their own content items based on their joomla usergroup
Then I will need to display those items only based on the author group, so if the author changes group (in my case: the membership expires) the items will get unpublishd, or anyway the won't be listed

Is this possible with Flexycontent?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #79751 by ggppdk
Hello

the items display using 3 criteria
- their access level (note with FC category access level and type access level are also need for display e.g. some item types maybe have special access level)
- their publication state (published/unpublished/etc)
- their expiration date  (we have a plugin to change state to unpib)

What you ask for is not implemented,
- the usergroup of the user is not considered

To do what you suggest a plugin would be need
that will monitor changes of author's usergroup and auto change the state of items to unpublished or maybe change them their expiration date to the past

i am not sure if there are such Joomla membership components that will do the above, possibly some of them support this

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #79752 by pastoweb
Thanks for your answer
I guess in your other answer here you were considering visibility for the item authors themselves, right?:
www.flexicontent.org/forum/20-general-su...usergroup.html#79751

While in this thread I was probably more clear about my need, wich is abot global visibility of items to all users.
In case I don't find a different plugin, would it be possible to implement this feature in Flext COntent as a paid service?

Thanks
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by pastoweb.

More
3 years 2 months ago #79753 by ggppdk
Hello

yes we can do this as a custom paid plugin
to unpublish the items when usergroups changes
and also possibly set a workflow statusfor the item

so that  if the user is re-added to the usergroup then the items that have this workflow status are auto-published

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.838 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline