Display/hide items based on author usergroup

More
3 years 1 month ago #79749 by pastoweb
Hi, is it possible to display only items where the author is in a specific usergroup?

I run a community website based on Community Bulder: users are assigned to a joomla usergroup when they register, and automatically removed when their membership expires. Now I want them to add their own content items with Flexycontent, but will need to automatically hide user's articles when their membership expires.

Is it possible?

PS: I looked at the documentation but it doesn't work, when i click on the side index nothing happens...
PPS: I already submitted this post but it wasn't saved...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #79750 by ggppdk
Hello

sure
1. You create a new access Level
e.g. named
Level A

2. Then assign this access level only to the desired usergroup e.g. "User group A"
3. You set the items to have access level "Level A"

To hide articles when membership expires is simple

- Use any Joomla membership component that you like
the Joomla membership component needs to be set to remove the ser from a usergroup "User group A" when his membership expires

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline