How do I show an item number of a group of items?

More
3 years 1 month ago #79844 by dan40
On select records, I want to display "1 of 2" or "6 of 8" or "3 of 5", or whatever the item number is of a group of items, but it doesn't work quite well with two separate fields.  I need to combine the fields so that it displays only what's in quotes above.  How would I accomplish this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #79850 by micker
its not possible in core
the best way can be to create your own field with 2 input inside to list all item with this 2 values

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
3 years 1 month ago #79858 by dan40
Do you have instructions for this? Where do I start?  I've never created 1 field with two inputs.

More
3 years 1 month ago #79859 by dan40
Ok, I think I have it figured out... just by trial and error.

I added a new text field and under Editing/Values, I changed the Number of Values to 2 and added an Inline Append. In the Viewing tab, I added the word "of" in "Every Value Suffix", but I don't need the word "of" after the second value.

How can I make it so that it only shows "of" in between the two values?

More
3 years 4 weeks ago #79860 by micker
Ahh good tricks
You Can use override language to search ans remove of

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #79922 by dan40
I decided to separate the first digit from the second digit with a Pipe "|" instead. Now it shows 1|2 or 6|8 or 7|9. Works just fine for my purposes.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline