Flexicontent Joomla 4 and Jcomments

More
2 years 5 months ago #80877 by tramber91
Hi,
I'm sure Flexicontent will become jomla 4 compatble when ready but what about Jcomment usage.
I manage awebsite with Flexicontent-Jcomment, do i have to think about another comments component.?
Joomlatune (Jcomments author) is as usual very quiet about migration
We have here a jcomments joomla 4 compatible fork. To follow or to wait about awekening of Joomlatune.

Your vision ;=) ?

Thanks for your support

take care
Berrtrand

Bertrand
En Toutes Lettres digital

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #80878 by micker
hello
Flexicontent for j4 is on read, we need to fight with last bug and css display in backend, we already do some test migration to j3 => j4 all is good without any correction (with cassopedia template) but need to wait a little
for jcomment we didn't have any vision but you have more solution :
- akebba engage seems interesting : github.com/akeeba/engage
- next version of flexi add a comment plugin with disqus and facebook comment inside a flexicontent field

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #80880 by tramber91
ok Thanks

For now, I have this FC setting and comments in the database

We will have some change on this side !!

Engage or Ccomment can all retrieve Jcomment messages and are Joomla 4 compatible and free . More délicat forDisqs
I liked Jcomment for its stability. Very few updates (but sometimes unreadable captcha ;=)

The choice will be made first if I want to retrieve my messages.

@+

Bertrand
En Toutes Lettres digital
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by tramber91. Reason: Was in French ;=)

More
2 years 5 months ago #80882 by micker
non pas vraiement ce dont je parle sera un plugin de champs flexi avec pour avantage de pouvoir le mettre dans des positions de template ...
pour ce qui est des migrations de données je n'ai pas dinfos (ce n'est pas vraiement de notre ressort) apres si les commentaires marches sur du com content ils marcheront avec flexi ... c'est simple
apres a toi de voir si engage peu recuperer les commentaires ....
de notre coté la gestion des commentaires n'est pas la prio (pour etre transparent) donc ajouter des compatibillité en plus il faudra voir
A suivre

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline