Items only visibles by its author

More
1 year 9 months ago #82293 by bendeb
Hello,
Is there a way to allow a user to create items only visibles by him ? The others users will not be able to view its items.
I know I can create an acces level just for him, but if I have many authors I don't want to create an access level for each of them.
I have searched in FC and Joomla configuration but I haven't see nothing about this feature.

Thank you for your answers.

Regards.

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #82294 by nikitagupta2106
Hi,

There's an option to create a "menu" to show only to the authors. Use the option "My Items" when creating the menu.

Regards,
Nikita

More
1 year 9 months ago #82299 by bendeb
Thank Nikita, it works good. :)

Now, is there a way for this author to allow some users to see its items ?
Either by sending an invitation link for example, or by selecting user in a list.

Regards.

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

More
1 year 9 months ago #82300 by micker
no its not possible
if you want to do this create link to a category and create ACL and access group

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
1 year 9 months ago #82306 by nikitagupta2106
As Micker pointed out, it would be possible only if you create a category and then use access level to control the user groups.

I do hope such a feature would be added in the future. Like allow a Manager to see the entries made by his staff so that the Manager is responsible for all entries, thus, making sure that all entries/items the CEO is seeing are accurate or he can ask the Manager to look into the error. I had to create categories (unnecessary) and user groups and ACL. There's a possibility the staff makes a mistake while choosing the category as I now have over 30 categories!

More
1 year 9 months ago #82307 by bendeb
Thank Micker and Nikita for your answers.

Create category, user group and ACL do the job but it's not convenient for what I want to do.
I want to allow my users to create their own items in a specific category (it is his personal space). Items should be only visibles by him and few others users if he wants to (either by an invitation link or by selecting users himself).
If I have a lot of users, I can't create as many groups and ACL because it's not handy for me.
I want let them independants without asking me each time a new user want to create his personal space.
Maybe there is another components to do this (like Community Builder for example) but the fact is I want use the powerful features of Flexicontent (types, templates...).

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline