Settings are not working in Joomla 4 / Flexi 4

More
1 year 6 months ago #82812 by bytekultur
I have upgraded a client's website to joomla 4 with Flexicontent 4.1.3
The frontend works more or less when I adapt the template code. But all settings are loaded incomplete, in a way that I cannot save them. 
For example the main configuration of flexicontent, but also the template settings file.

I read this post as well  www.flexicontent.org/forum/71-flexiconte...arning-messages.html
because when I activate the error reporting, I see the same warnings. Maybe it has something to do with that?

This way, I cannot upgrade the live site because I cannot save any settings. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #82813 by micker
hello please be more precise where ? can you put some screen shot or link for testing ?
at first after update to j4, update joomla language, clean cache and deconnect and reconnect
after update flexicontent load global config and save it

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
1 year 6 months ago #82833 by bytekultur
OK, there's two issues actually.
The problem not to be able to load or save any config files correctly can be solved interestingly by re-installing the system language file (via system > install > languages). I seem to be able to save template settings too now.

The other problem, the warning that is also described in the other post I mentioned, can be ignored as it's only a warning, but it still means that the include path is not set correctly in your code. Here is the error (when error reporting is on):

Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/include/config.less.less) is not within the allowed path(s): (/[...removed...]) in [...removed...]/components/com_flexicontent/librairies/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 82

According to the hosting provider, the following would be correct:
- either relative path like: ./include/config.less
- or absolute path like: [/path/to/shared/hosting/webroot]/components/com_flexicontent/templates/[tmpl-name]/less/include/config.less

Kind regards,
Terry

More
1 year 6 months ago #82834 by micker
Code:
Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/include/config.less.less) is not within the allowed path(s): (/[...removed...]) in [...removed...]/components/com_flexicontent/librairies/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 82
its a server problem maybe a bad chmod on folder

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
1 year 6 months ago #82835 by bytekultur
Are you sure? I was assuming the File (/include/config.less.less) would be the one in the template, so components/com_flexicontent/templates/[mytemplate]/includes/, but the file there is called "config.less", not "config.less.less". Looking at the library file lessc.inc.php, I can see that there's two ways of including, one being the full name with .less behind it, and one the name that has to have .less attached. It seems only the first check (.less.less) is not successful:

$full = $dir.(substr($dir, -1) != '/' ? '/' : '').$url;
if ($this->fileExists($file = $full.'.less') || $this->fileExists($file = $full)) {
return $file;
}

Maybe it's just the way the code is written and actually not an issue?
A bit confusing...

Kind regards,
Terry

More
1 year 6 months ago #82836 by micker
I Cant bé 100%sure but error Say that opendir Can bé donne
2 ways : folder doesnt existe or Access IS limited

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline