How to make SEF URLs?

More
1 year 4 months ago #83045 by amityweb
Replied by amityweb on topic How to make SEF URLs?
I created a category called Products and assigned a Product to it. I then changed the hidden menu to link to that category.

This made no difference, the URL is still:
mysite.com/product/root/my-product-alias

The category product is not listed in the URL. The first product you see in the URL is the alias of the hidden menu link. I would not want category in the URL instead of root because that would make the URl have two product in it: mysite.com/product/product/my-product-alias

I do not use categories either so we should not have to create them.

All I want is a product to be displayed on URLs like this and really really dont understand why this is so hard to do??
mysite.com/product/my-product-alias

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #83047 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic How to make SEF URLs?
Hello

You could create 1 menu per item time
e.g. for Product Item type create a menu item with menu item alias "product"

Make the menu item point to a e.g. an FC category  "Product"

then in types manager under the SEO tab , you need to set 2 parameters
1. select the above menu item as "default" menu item for the item type
2. then also set the menu item to be tried before the item's main category

then you should be able to get this:

mysite.com/product/my-product-alias

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
1 year 4 months ago #83065 by amityweb
Thanks for your help, but it still shows /root/ in the URL. Removing /root/ shows a 404.

Attachments:

More
1 year 4 months ago #83068 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic How to make SEF URLs?
Hello

root is the alias of the top level menu item with ID 1 , and it should not appear (regardless of configuration)

if you create link to other components do you also get it in the URLs ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
1 year 4 months ago #83079 by amityweb
I do have another content type, Suppliers, although we do not show the info page for this on the front end. But if I go to a Supplier and click Preview the URL is:
https://my-site/product/root/uncategorised/bobs-tvs?preview=1&tmpl=component

But this breaks styling, I have to remove the ?preview=1&tmpl=component from the end to view the page styled:
https://my-site/product/root/uncategorised/bobs-tvs

This also works to show the content and you can see it has /root/ in it.

I have not configured suppliers to have /suppliers/ in the URL as we do not need to show these pages, so its taking /product/ as default.

If I remove root, its a 404.

More
1 year 4 months ago #83080 by amityweb
I have fixed it!!!

Your comment "root is the alias of the top level menu item with ID 1 , and it should not appear (regardless of configuration)" made me think about the following...

I went to Menus -> Flexicontent Hidden Menu, and I did not create a NEW menu for products in here, but i edited the one that was there, as I only need one Flexicontent hidden menu for products.

So when you said root was for the default, I thought maybe its something to do with the settings on the hidden menu that was there, that I changed.

So I created a NEW flexicontent hidden menu, assigned it to Product Type, and it worked.

I tried cross referencing settings between the them but cant see any difference, so am not sure if there is a setting in the original default one to add root?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline