Ranomized slideshow

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #84123 by HenkKV
Ranomized slideshow was created by HenkKV
Hi,

For the website www.fluve.nl on the homepage I want to create a randomized slideshow.
Currently with every update I add a new slideshow. But on several occasions like sharing memories it should be great to show different slideshows for example
1. Slideshow nature impressions in folder images/dias/june2023/nature
2. Slideshow historical buildings in folder images/dias/june2023/buildings
3. Slideshow regional history in folder images/dias/june2023/history
4. Slideshow faced challenges in folder images/dias/june2023/diary

I did not find a solution in the current filetype "Flexicontent image gallery field".
I am currently analyzing my options
The most simple idea is adding a randomizer that creates the path.  
To do so I want to create a  new fieldtype based on "Flexiconent image gallery field"
I followed the tutorial for copying fieldtypes. And there I got a little "lost".
The tutorial uses the textfield as an example.
In the section : Replace all field-type name references inside myfield.xml with the new field-type name:
The tutorial says
    (C) replace
    <fieldset name="group-text" addfieldpath="/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/elements">
    with
    <fieldset name="group-myfield" addfieldpath="/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/elements">
However
The file image.xml does not contain: fieldset name="group-image".
So I checked the text.xml file. And that file also does not contain: fieldset name="group-text"
Pointing to:  addfieldpath="/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/elements">  the file text.xml contains
fieldset name="group-text-filtering"
fieldset name="group-text-social"
fieldset name="group-text-seo"
fieldset name="group-text-viewing"
fieldset name="group-text-editing"

That is the same structure I saw in the file image.xml file, so I guess I have to change those 4 lines. Please confirm and if so please change the tutorial.

Then I looked in the folder "/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/elements".
I don't see a file that I can relate to the textfield. However I see a file related to the imagefield.
My guess is that I might need a new PHP file in this folder that intiates my new fieldtype. Please if this might be needed in some cases add this to the tutorial.

Of course all how to's to create a randomized slideshow are welcome.
Regards Henk KV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #84129 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Ranomized slideshow
Hello not sure to understand .. an Idea did you check advenced module manager ? Maybe this option exist

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline