Shift maintext into fields_manager.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #84240 by iamrobert
Hi,

I'm trying to recreate my item manager from j3 for my clients. Old one:

But I'm stuck with trying to shift the default text editor into the fields_manager

Is it possible to add the description to the text fields_manager:

Or is there some way to do it via PHP?

I really want to put it where I want on my items page.

Thanks,

Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #84241 by micker
ah .... not sure but maybe the solution is to add text field compatibility in coreprops field. But not sure that can works

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #84242 by iamrobert
Hi Micker,

Thanks that would be the best solution, but don't think I can implement it.

So, I went with a JS solution:

Steps I took:

Update layout main.php:
In the main.php (should customize to your own layout):

administrator/components/com_flexicontent/views/item/tmpl/layouts/tabs/main.php

The code below unsets the main description field and puts it inside #move_textarea.

Code:
//UNSET MAIN TEXT DESCRIPTION if (array_key_exists('text', $captured)) {     $text_block = $captured['text'];     unset($captured['text']); } //Place description: echo '<div id="move_textarea">'; echo $text_block; echo '</div>';

Add JS:
We use JS to move it above the field (#label_outer_fcfield_23) we want to show it.

I added it directly to the bottom of the file - main.php. 

Code:
//MOVE THE TEXT EDITOR: window.onload = function() {   // Get the elements   var sourceElement = document.querySelector("#move_textarea");   //FIELD ABOVE   var targetElement = document.querySelector("#label_outer_fcfield_23").parentNode;   // Ensure both elements are found   if (sourceElement && targetElement) {     // Clone the source element (including events)     var clone = sourceElement.cloneNode(true);     // Insert the clone before the target element     targetElement.parentNode.insertBefore(clone, targetElement);     // Optionally, remove the source element     sourceElement.parentNode.removeChild(sourceElement);   } };

As we need to use window.onload to relocate the editor, it causes issues with the XTD buttons underneath the text editor.

The issues are:
1) Content doesn't load on modal pop-up
2) Clicking a link in the modal doesn't close it

So - I implemented the following code to handle this

Code:
//SOLVE xtd-button not closing document.addEventListener('shown.bs.modal', function (event) {   let modalIds = [     'jform_text_fcfile_modal',     'jform_text_fcitem_modal',     'jform_text_fccat_modal',     'jform_text_editors-xtd_module_modal',     'jform_text_editors-xtd_menu_modal',     'jform_text_editors-xtd_fields_modal',   ];   if (modalIds.includes(event.target.id)) {     let modal = event.target;     let modalInstance = bootstrap.Modal.getOrCreateInstance(modal);     Joomla.Modal.setCurrent(modal);     let iframeContent = modal.dataset.iframe;     let modalBody = modal.querySelector('.modal-body');     modalBody.innerHTML = iframeContent;     // Get the iframe and add 'onload' event listener     var iframe = modal.querySelector('iframe');     iframe.onload = function() {       // Get the iframe document       var iframeDoc = iframe.contentDocument || iframe.contentWindow.document;       // Event delegation for .select-link       iframeDoc.addEventListener('click', function(e) {         if (e.target.matches('.select-link, .js-module-insert')) {           modalInstance.hide();         }       });     };   } });

There's still a minor JS console issue when you click close:

window.parent.Joomla.Modal.getCurrent(...).close is not a function

but it doesn't affect the site. 

If anyone else has a better solution I would love to know.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #84246 by micker
about js you can add it in your type => you can add js and css without any hack

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamrobert

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #84255 by iamrobert
Yes - I'm trying to customize the administrator as well:

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #84257 by micker
Ah interesting maybe you can do a pr to finalise it in core ?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline