How to use the File Manager

More
14 years 1 week ago #6196 by LaughingTear
Hi there!

Thanks for this great component!

Here's what I'd like to do:

In an article I'd like to set a simple text link to a PDF file. So I uploaded the PDF through the Flexicontent File Manager. But what now? How is it possible to access these files within JCE? Of course it is possible to add a relative url to the pdf file manually with "Edit/Insert Link" in the JCE editor. But wouldn't it be great to just set the link via the "advanced links" jce plugin? So in the Link Browser there wouldn't be just the folders "Flexicontent" and "Flexicontent tags" but also a folder named "Flexicontent Files".

If there's another simple solution to add text links to the files uploaded via flexicontent file manager I would love to hear that too...

Thanks for your help!

Uli

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7000 by nico65
Replied by nico65 on topic How to use the File Manager
yes, you can add a fieles field to your template, from wich you can access the flexifilemanager. There are two different kinds of directories media and secure. In the main configuration page you can modify the path e.g. images/stories/flexisecure and images/stories/fleximedia.

So you can also access the files through jce link and mediamanger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline