Initial Configuration: One section only?

More
14 years 8 hours ago #6485 by Leviathan
Hello,

New to Flexicontent.

Apologies for the simple question but I wanted to double check.

When I imported my existing Joomla content to Flexi, it pooled everything into a "Flexicontent" section.

Should ALL site categories (and subsequently articles) be created within this section ONLY now?

I notice if I add another section via Joomla's section manager, Flexi doesn't see it so I assume Flexi only reads one Section?

If someone could answer this question I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 hours ago #6486 by kenmcd
Only add new categories via FLEXIcontent.
Yes, all new categories are created in this same section.

FLEXIcontent uses one section to store all categories.
When you used the Import All Content feature FLEXIcontent assigned this one new section the name "FLEXIcontent."
You could have manually named this section something else when manually moving only selected content, but it really does not matter.

Since FLEXIcontent has only categories, it will not see new sections added via Joomla's section manager.
Again, only add new categories via FLEXIcontent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline