Front Page - again

More
13 years 11 months ago #6638 by danio_d
Front Page - again was created by danio_d
Hello,

Can anybody explain this post (I don't speak FR)
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?f=1...rb_v=viewtopic#p5738

And, is this solution can by used in portal where every day is added about 10-20 news and many of them are published in 'frontpage' category?
In this moment when I open article from front page then is open in category 'frontpage' no in default category.
It's very important for my. Flexi is very good component but solution of frontpage is not perfect.

I try to made front page with tags but when I put 'link to items assigned to a specific Tags' then show table whit article and I need to show a blog layout. Maybe this is a better way to show article on front page? But how to change templates?

THX for help
dEdE

Very sorry my English :oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #6790 by danio_d
Replied by danio_d on topic Front Page - again
Can any body help me?
It's very important for me.

More
13 years 11 months ago #6853 by jimbo
Replied by jimbo on topic Front Page - again
The solution in the linked post is just a workaround and probably not acceptable for your site...

Emmanuel has created a menu wich is published nowhere. He is linking every concerning items in this menu manually. Links of type item has the higher priority as links of type category, so the router will ignore the categoryname.
He knows the problem an is searching/thinking for a solution to exclude some categories from the router...

Grüße/regards Jimbo
www.joomla-downloads.de

More
13 years 11 months ago #6910 by danio_d
So... any ideas to resolve this problem.
How show the articles on the front page if content template is diferent and frontpage template is diferent?

More
13 years 11 months ago #6917 by jimbo
Replied by jimbo on topic Front Page - again

jimbo wrote: ... He (Emmanuel) knows the problem an is searching/thinking for a solution to exclude some categories from the router...

Be patient... ;)

Grüße/regards Jimbo
www.joomla-downloads.de

More
13 years 11 months ago #7144 by danio_d
ok, i found the temporarily solution for this problem.
it's not perfect but open frontpage article in normal template.

I made something like this:
- as default put url type 'index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=category&cid=[your_frontpage_catid]'
- made hide menu and them put FLEXIcontent » Category » Front Page

and thats all
on my page works almost fine. i have only problem with category field where show all category and i need too show only default category of this item.

Very sorry for my English if You don't understand my, pleas write.

dEdE

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline